Important Information for 2013-2014 Superduty Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Important Information for 2013-2014 Superduty Owners

In this video I go over a rash of new all too common low mileage issues happening on the 6.7l 2013 and newer causing the trucks to shut down. This can ruin a family vacation or worse delay a delivery of what your hauling as I know allot of these trucks are used as cross country transports. I get more and more into details as I go on, it is just something owners need to be aware of.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great video, as all of yours are! I do have to ask though, does Ford (and/or your dealership) not mind that you make these videos?

Old 06-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Delete delete delete ....... stupid gov't

I was going to ask if you were in an ambulance before you said it haha

Old 06-05-2014, 11:02 AM

While I'm the biggest advocate of the immediate removal of EGR, DPF, and DEF, this particular issue is directly related to Ford's inability to supply a reliable sensor.

These growing pains are similar to those that went on in the early 70s with gas burners. Diesels had zero emissions until 10 years ago. They'll eventually figure out a way to meet restrictions reliably, but until then . . . Delete, delete, delete

Old 06-06-2014, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by KMAC0694
Great video, as all of yours are! I do have to ask though, does Ford (and/or your dealership) not mind that you make these videos?
What are they going to do, it is the truth and they cannot deny it.

While I'm the biggest advocate of the immediate removal of EGR, DPF, and DEF, this particular issue is directly related to Ford's inability to supply a reliable sensor.

These growing pains are similar to those that went on in the early 70s with gas burners. Diesels had zero emissions until 10 years ago. They'll eventually figure out a way to meet restrictions reliably, but until then . . . Delete, delete, delete
True otherwise the def systems have relatively few problems, if they could only get this one issue fixed. According to others GM and Ram are having similar issues with this particular sensor.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:05 PM
I wonder if this is something that the aftermarket programmers can help with. Set the values of the sensor to be acceptable or something???

Sad to see tech come so far, only to be f'd up by an unreliable sensor.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:57 PM

If I'm not mistaken, you can completely tune around the DEF and just turn off the sensors/monitors for it, and just leave the tank empty. The sensors that detect emissions levels and send the truck into limp mode obviously have to be turned off when you delete the truck, so I see no reason why you can't do the same for anything involving the DEF system.

I wonder if there's a common manufacturer for the sensors for all three makes.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:20 PM

If I'm not mistaken, you can completely tune around the DEF and just turn off the sensors/monitors for it, and just leave the tank empty. The sensors that detect emissions levels and send the truck into limp mode obviously have to be turned off when you delete the truck, so I see no reason why you can't do the same for anything involving the DEF system.

I wonder if there's a common manufacturer for the sensors for all three makes.
Oh I am sure there is.

Quick Reply: Important Information for 2013-2014 Superduty Owners