crown vic efan

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crown vic efan

Well, my Mark VIII efan bearings started to make some funny noises so I went hunting around for another but came up short.....they must becoming very popular because when I did find one they wanted too much $$$. I found a fan out of a wrecked police interceptor crown vic for a very good price ($15) and found the shroud is bigger than the Mark VIII's and the 18" fan is s-curved and much quieter....it is the exact same depth and covers about 90-95 percent of my truck rad so this will be a direct bolt-on.

My question to you all is what cfm's does this fan pump out? I can't find a bloody thing about this fan on the net as it is saturated with Taurus and Mark VIII fan convertion sites.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by primerib
Well, my Mark VIII efan bearings started to make some funny noises so I went hunting around for another but came up short.....they must becoming very popular because when I did find one they wanted too much $$$. I found a fan out of a wrecked police interceptor crown vic for a very good price ($15) and found the shroud is bigger than the Mark VIII's and the 18" fan is s-curved and much quieter....it is the exact same depth and covers about 90-95 percent of my truck rad so this will be a direct bolt-on.

My question to you all is what cfm's does this fan pump out? I can't find a bloody thing about this fan on the net as it is saturated with Taurus and Mark VIII fan convertion sites.
What year is the PI CV fan? I worked with those cars for years and it seemed like they changed them about every year. When they originally put the E-fan on, they left the multi-blade plastic fan on as well. Boy was that overkill! It wasn't long before they realized it and eliminated the engine fan altogether. Then later they slanted the shroud down so it tended to dump the air out the bottom rather than pushing it back over an already hot engine. I do like that idea. I have several of those fans and I'll have to check them again, but it seemed like some of them were 2 speed. I can't believe you'll have any problem, those suckers push a LOT of air! Go to 1 of the CV sites and ask, they should know.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Thanks. Yes my fan is slanted down and a 2 speed like you said, and if memory serves me correct the year was 02......I have checked out a few sites, but of coarse you have to register yo be able to search. My guess is that I'll have to live without knowing, this fan is doing more than ample job of keeping my rig running cool.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:21 PM
i run a efan off a 97 crown vic police on my big block chevy race truck...and it does a hellov job... i would say thats what i will put on my 08 later on in its life

Old 11-25-2009, 04:02 AM
Thanks. Yes my fan is slanted down and a 2 speed like you said, and if memory serves me correct the year was 02......I have checked out a few sites, but of coarse you have to register yo be able to search. My guess is that I'll have to live without knowing, this fan is doing more than ample job of keeping my rig running cool.
If you put an amp clamp on it you'll understand why it pumps out the air that it does. I simply cannot imagine being in a situation where it won't do the job and then some. On the hottest summer days with the A/C running full bore, the temp would never rise at all. There are a few things different on the PI CV's but not very many and I think the fan was the same on all the CV's.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:05 AM
My old Mark 8 fan pushed some serious amps at start-up and levelled out to under 30.....I'm sure this fan would be about the same. It might be that the crown vic fan is the best kept secret since the Mark 8 seems to be king among the efan enthusiasts......and there are tons of them in the junkyards where as a Mark 8 fans are much harder to find nowadays.

Old 11-26-2009, 03:13 AM
My old Mark 8 fan pushed some serious amps at start-up and levelled out to under 30.....I'm sure this fan would be about the same. It might be that the crown vic fan is the best kept secret since the Mark 8 seems to be king among the efan enthusiasts......and there are tons of them in the junkyards where as a Mark 8 fans are much harder to find nowadays.
That's about what I remember- 30 amps at run. I think it pulled about 75 at start. I know the Mark had a soft start on them but I don't know whether the CV would or not. I'm sure the soft start would lessen that heavy start-up load. $15. is a heck of a deal for that fan.

Quick Reply: crown vic efan