Same Ol Same Ol

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same Ol Same Ol

Hi havinga problem with my truck but u people know me buy now so u know thats nothign new lol. Buy the buy i did put the stock muffler back on and gained a ton of hp and torque over the strait pipe so if anything ill just get a high flowing muffler. Anyway so im having this problem. Check engine light on sounds and feels like a miss. IM just gonna replace every single coil if it is one bad coil but someone once said something about a constant problem with cylinder number 4. something about coolant leeking onto the coil which makes it continue to go bad. Ohh also how do i replace the fuel filter on this truck. Is it a high pressure hose on that fuel filter. Any help would be grately appreciated.

ben

Old 07-31-2004, 06:13 PM
to replace the feul filter you will have to buy little plastic fuel line tools less then $10 at autozone i think. just ask for ford fuel line disconnect tools they should be able to find them.

then you find your inertia switch or pull the fuel pump relay. the switch is the easiest its on the right side kick panel. i hit them with a rubber mallet then the red button pops up and start engine when engine dies try to start again and again till it wont. then your fuel pressure will be relieved. then snap tool around line push in on tool then pull line out. then you just pull filter from its clamp and put new on in. then just remember to reset the inertia switch by pushing the red button down so your truck will start again.

Old 07-31-2004, 10:00 PM
in my truck i let it sit overnite and then change the fuel because the pressure bleeds off by itself

Old 07-31-2004, 10:27 PM
You'll need to change the hose clamps on the heater hose above the number 4 cylinder. These drip minimally, but it's enough to foul the coil/plug. Get that fuel filter changed, too.