F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   V8 Engines (https://www.f150online.com/forums/v8-engines-24/)
-   -   Please reply --> Specs (https://www.f150online.com/forums/v8-engines/7941-please-reply-specs.html)

modestroman 03-25-2001 02:40 PM

Please reply --> Specs

Hi there,

I have a 1998 XLT 4x4 F-150 5.4 L Shortbed Flareside

How much does my truck weigh (in pounds)? I tried looking in the door jamb, but I dont know which number is the correct one.

Also, I have a K&N filter, and a Ravin Z33 catback exhaust with 3" all around diameter.

Can anyone estimate my hp and torque, cause there's no dyno's anywhere around where I live.

Does anyone know 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for f-150's similar to mine????

Thank you very much.

Neal 03-25-2001 07:38 PM

HI!... MODESTROMAN : Your 5.4 makes 235H.P at the flywheel from the factory. When you say K&N filter, do you mean a drop in K&N filter or a K&N FIPK? There's a big H.P difference between the two. The drop in will give you about 3-5H.P max. Where the FIPK will give you 14H.P on a 5.4. I would say that your catback RAVIN exhaust probably gave you about 10H.P max at the flywheel. To get more H.P from a exhaust system you should go TRUE DUELS with 3-chamber mufflers. 2 chambers on a true duel set-up will cost you low end power because of not enough back preasure. If you do have a FIPK, I would say you have about 260H.P at the flywheel and about 345FT/LBS of torque or about the stock H.P of a "99" and up 5.4. Hope this helps you out. I would say you would weigh about 4800 - 5000lbs. My truck is a 4x2 and weighs 4300lbs without my spare tire, bedliner, and traler hitch.

P.S : Where in ONTARIO are you located? I'm in WINDSOR and some of us CANADIAN members are having a F-150 meet at SPARTA DRAGWAY near LONDON on APRIL 7TH. There's a post under "EVENTS AND HAPPENINGS" on this meet. If you would like to attend please let me know there. Hope to see you there.

------------------
NEAL " THE H.P FREAK" E-MAIL :nnewman@sympatico.ca
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, ***** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), fiberglass smooth wiper cowl (painted OXFORD WHITE), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, 3 AUTOMETER guage pods, filled with tranny temp, engine temp, and oil preasure AUTOMETER "PHANTOM" guages,custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP "FLIP-CHIP", BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit (on stage 5 setting)BYPASS CLUTCH CONTROL VALVE/PREASURE REGULATOR VALVE, ASP POWER PULLEYS, custom tig welded and ported JBA "JET BLACK coated headers, twin DERALE 16 INCH ELECTRIC FANS, PERMA COOL 14"/10" tranny cooler with 10" electric fan, custom ported (STOCK) throttle body, custom digital air intake temp sensor, custom ported TB intake elbow, relocated ATS, FORD RACING 24LB injectors, RUSSELL stainless steel braided tranny lines with fittings.

FUTURE MODS : BBK 75MM THROTTLE BODY, 80MM PRO-M MASS AIR METER, AADI F1 RAM AIR HOOD WITH CUSTOM FABRICATED RAM AIR SET-UP, CAL-TRAC TRACTION BARS, EXTRUDE HONED INTAKE MANIFOLD, SHM CUSTOM FUEL RAILS, 90/10 FRONT CE SHOCKS, 70/30 REAR CE SHOCKS, BELL TECH 2/4 DROP, EXPEDITION CENTER CONSOLE, HARLEY DAVISON F-150 LOWER FRONT VALANCE (painted oxford white) and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA SUPERCHARGER.

ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 340H.P / 425ft/lbs of torque.

CURRENT PERFORMANCE : 1/4 MILE - 14.53E.T * MPH - 93.00 * 0-60MPH - 5.8 * 1/8 MILE - 9.2 * 60 FT - 2.0

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 16.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon JAZ fuel cell,etc