Bigger than std Oil Filter/Relocate oil filter system

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2001, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Bigger than std Oil Filter/Relocate oil filter system

Does anyone know of a bigger Motorcraft oil filter, than the std FL-820-S that comes on the truck from the factory. More capacity is what I'm looking for.
Also who is the rocket scientist who put the oil filter directly over the frame with a drip pan, No Good. I'd like to relocate the filter to the frame close by. Anyone know of a kit for that.

Old 01-15-2001, 11:18 AM
I have a relocation kit that you can buy and you can mount it anywhere.

As far as a bigger filter goes. I am getting ready to try an SDF26 (amsoil) I looked at it and it has the same size rubber and body size as the SDF11(motorcraft substitute). One thing is though the SDF26 doenst have the antidrainback valve and the SDF11 does.

I need find out if that will affect the truck or not. I already have the remote filter setup under the front bumper. I can't see the oil draining back all that way to the oil pan. For one the oil filter location is lower than the pan. (can oil drain up hill?)

As far as the reloc kit goes it is kind of high, about $136 my price and $181 retail. I would sell the dual remote system before I just sell a relocation kit! its only $18 bucks more and then you would have superior filteration(down to 1 micron)
http://amsoil.com/products/bf.html

------------------
Lube-Direct

New Lubrication Forums

[This message has been edited by msparks (edited 01-15-2001).]

Old 01-15-2001, 04:49 PM
Location: INDIANA,.....USA " Where more than Corn grows in Indiana"!!!
Perma-Cool makes a relocation kit for $45.00(its in Jeg`s Auto Parts Mag.) plus you use the old motorcraft FL-1A filter size. And Ford has a racing filter that holds oil in all the time. The # is in my sign. at bottom. With this system you use half quart more oil.Lariat#1

------------------
1997 Red/Silver F150 Lariat Flareside 3 Dr. SC..... ORP & Tow Package, Complete Lariat Option Package ,{APPEARANCE} GTS Projector Beam /Carbon Fiber Headlite Covers,AVS Tail Lite Slots & Door Sill Protectors,Flareside tail lites wired to work upper&lower lenses together,Owens Fg. Step Boards, Tinted Windows,Ford 2-Piece Bra,Lighted Ford Logo in Grill,20" Chrome Exhaust Tips,A.R.E Bed Cover Lid,Pendaliner Inner Tail Gate Protector,Zie-Bart Total Paint & Under Coating W/ Sounder Deadener Protection, Lariat #1 Plate under glass on Front Bumper,Custom made Ford Red Window Decals,Blue Tinted Rear Lic. Plate Protector,Blue Billet Valve Stem Caps, Ford Lited Hitch Receiver Cover that works off brakes lites, HD Bed Mat, Red reflectors above Rear Bumper {PERFORMANCE} 4.6L WINDSOR Auto, 3.55LS, 4-Wheel ABS,Platinum 3 Spark Plugs,K&N Air Filter W/ modified stock MAF side air box,Outerwears Blue Pre-Filter Cover,Tornado Air Man.,Perma-Cool Oil Filter Relocation Kit,Motorcraft Racing Oil Filter FL-1HP,Dual Exhaust System W/Stock Muffler,NAPA Ceramix Carbon Ceramic Premuim Brake Pads(Front),Goodyear Wrangler A/TS Tires,55 Watt Halogen(replacement) Reverse Lites, Pilot 55 watt Halogen (add-on) Reverse Lites on Hitch under truck,Driving Lamps upgraded to 55 Watt Cool Blue Halogen Bulbs,Pilot Bright Whites headlite bulb replacements 65/55 watts,Driving Lamps(Foglites) work W/ High Beams On & Driving Lamps(Foglites) also work (ON or OFF) W/ Park Lamps On W/Switched Relay, A.R.E Cover wired W/interior(dome) light wired to a mounted door jam switch thats wired to hood light,SurgeGuard by Calterm {AUDIO} Stock In-Dash Cass. W/6 Disc Changer & 2 Stock Speakers(back) & 2 Pioneer TS-A6865 3- Ways(front),Black felted inner front door speaker openings , all speakers dynomat lined,Trenz Billet #3 Antenna {SECURITY} Ford Total Security System W/ Motion Alarm All on factory Key Fob,Ford Warning Decals on Windows,A.R.E Cover & Hood also wired to Alarm System, Hitch Pin locking system This is LARIAT#1..... IN The Great State Of Indiana "Where more than corn grows in Indiana".........http://hometown.aol.com/terrylariat1...page/auto.html A Very Proud Member of ...www.f150online.com

Soon to have Flareside Rear Step-Bumper re-plated (Triple Chrome Plated)

[This message has been edited by LARIAT1 (edited 01-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by LARIAT1 (edited 01-15-2001).]

Old 01-15-2001, 09:45 PM
Question

Is the Amsoil SDF26 longer than the SDF11? And do you think the lack of a antidrainback valve matters since the filter is not mounted upside down. I would like to know what the filter mfg. says. Let us know I also would like a larger filter than original.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by msparks:
I have a relocation kit that you can buy and you can mount it anywhere.

As far as a bigger filter goes. I am getting ready to try an SDF26 (amsoil) I looked at it and it has the same size rubber and body size as the SDF11(motorcraft substitute). One thing is though the SDF26 doenst have the antidrainback valve and the SDF11 does.

I need find out if that will affect the truck or not. I already have the remote filter setup under the front bumper. I can't see the oil draining back all that way to the oil pan. For one the oil filter location is lower than the pan. (can oil drain up hill?)

As far as the reloc kit goes it is kind of high, about $136 my price and $181 retail. I would sell the dual remote system before I just sell a relocation kit! its only $18 bucks more and then you would have superior filteration(down to 1 micron)
http://amsoil.com/products/bf.html

</font>

Old 01-16-2001, 11:13 AM
gcole,

Yes the SDF 26 is longer almost 2 times longer!!

As far as the antidrain back valve this is what I have to find out. I am going to try to do this today.

------------------
Lube-Direct

New Lubrication Forums

Old 01-16-2001, 05:32 PM
Well found out that the Threads are a different size one is metric(sdf11) the other SDF 26 is american. And its amsoils biggest filter in that thread size!

------------------
Lube-Direct

New Lubrication Forums

Old 01-16-2001, 08:17 PM
Thanks for getting back with the answer so fast. I will keep looking and if I find a larger one will post it.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by msparks:
Well found out that the Threads are a different size one is metric(sdf11) the other SDF 26 is american. And its amsoils biggest filter in that thread size!

</font>

Old 01-16-2001, 10:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... XTRUKY : You can get a duel oil filter relocation kit from SUMMIT RACING for $25.75(U.S) PART # TRD-1030. You can also get a single one for $12.75(U.S) PART # TRD-1028. You can also get a high preasure hose kit for the relocaters for $29.75(U.S) PART # TRD-1047. I have the twin relocater kit on my 875H.P PRO-STREET RANGER and am very happy with it. Hope this helps you out.

------------------
NEAL " THE H.P FREAK"
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, ***** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), fiberglass smooth wiper cowl (painted OXFORD WHITE), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, 3 AUTOMETER guage pods, filled with tranny temp, engine temp, and oil preasure AUTOMETER "PHANTOM" guages,custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit (on stage 5 setting)BYPASS CLUTCH CONTROL VALVE/PREASURE REGULATOR VALVE, ASP POWER PULLEYS, custom tig welded and ported JBA "JET BLACK coated headers, twin DERALE 16 INCH ELECTRIC FANS, PERMA COOL 14"/10" tranny cooler with 10" electric fan, custom ported (STOCK) throttle body, custom digital air intake temp sensor, custom ported TB intake elbow, relocated ATS.

FUTURE MODS : FORD SVT 24LB INJECTORS, CUSTOM SUPERCHIP FLIP-CHIP, BBK 75MM THROTTLE BODY, 80MM PRO-M MASS AIR METER, AADI F1 RAM AIR HOOD WITH CUSTOM FABRICATED RAM AIR SET-UP, CAL-TRAC TRACTION BARS, EXTRUDE HONED INTAKE MANIFOLD, SHM CUSTOM FUEL RAILS, SHM "RACE WATER PUMP, 90/10 FRONT CE SHOCKS, 70/30 REAR CE SHOCKS, BELL TECH 2/4 DROP, EXPEDITION CENTER CONSOLE, HARLEY DAVISON F-150, LOWER FRONT VALANCE (painted oxford white) and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA SUPERCHARGER.

ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 330H.P / 425ft/lbs of torque.

CURRENT PERFORMANCE : 1/4 MILE - 14.53E.T * MPH - 93.00 * 0-60MPH - 5.8 * 1/8 MILE - 9.2 * 60 FT - 2.0

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Quick Reply: Bigger than std Oil Filter/Relocate oil filter system