Check engine light came on flashing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Check engine light came on flashing?

On the way to work this morning, when I stoped at a stop sign and went to drive again my truck sputtered for a couple of seconds and then ran o.k. My check engine light came on and flashed for a while and came on solid. The rest of the way to work it ran fine, and when I got to work I turned the truck off and then started it again, and it ran fine but the check engine light is still on. I have a 1998 4.6L that has just rolled up 70,000 km.. It has run fine up to this point. How do I find out what is the problem and turn the check eng. light off?
Any ideas or help for this problem would be grateful...

Old 02-06-2002, 10:20 AM
You have a cylinder misfire. This is a bad thing! You need to have it checked out immediately, it could be any number of things.

Old 02-06-2002, 11:00 AM
I agree with coltbean's response. A trouble code will be stored in the computer and can be read by a mechanic to determine exactly what happened.

Old 02-09-2002, 02:18 PM
Those guys have great ideas about whats wrong, but for all you know it just may be a senser or something like that. If you cant firgure it out shortly, go and get a diagnotic test done to it.

Old 02-09-2002, 05:07 PM
It is definitely a misfire code, check up on plugs and wires, maybe even an O2 sensor. Maybe even IAC, whack it a couple of times if the truck is running okay, then disconnect your battery for 15 minutes and reconnect. If the light comes on again, check out some things, because then you know it is a problem and not a one time thing.

Quick Reply: Check engine light came on flashing?