WMS Velocity Tube Survey

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2000, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post WMS Velocity Tube Survey

A brief survey:

I have seen mixed reviews on this product. For those of you who have purchased and installed this product, would you do it again? I am strongly considering and would experienced opinions. Thanks!!!

Darin

------------------

97 F150 Lariat 4X4 Ext. Cab. 5.4, AT, Tow Pkg, bedliner, white/grey 2tone w/ grey leather, Fact. CD changer, Gibson Side Swept, K&N, Bosch Platinum +4's,Michelin LTX 265/70 16, S/D Triton V8 emblems, Both doors cracked, Piston slap quieted by Mobile One & Slick 50 Synthetic.

Old 02-01-2000, 01:52 PM
Thumbs up

dlsipe,

The Velocity Tube was the first mod I made to my truck (after the K&N filter. I noticed a big change from the stock set-up! I have never used the K&N FIPK or the Airaid system, so I can't tell you about the difference in performance, but the difference in price made the decision to go with the Velocity Tube a lot easier. I also liked the fact the Velocity Tube used the K&N filter I had just recently bought, and drew cool air from the fender opening like the stock system. Would I buy another? Yes, most definately! I have to agree with some of the posts, the workmanship is a little rough, but support is excellent, and I'm sure the other will improve with time and experience!

------------------
Paul...
99 F-150 XLT SC Sport, 4.6L, Auto, Captain Chairs, Class III Towing Package, 3.55 LS, Sliding Rear Window, White, 4X2, CD, Soft Factory Tonneau Cover, K&N Filter, WMS Velocity Tube, Line-X Spray on Bed Liner, Gibson Side Swept Cat Back System, F150online Decal...
Flip Chip on it's way!

ptarnuzzer@megsinet.net

Old 02-01-2000, 01:55 PM
Location: INDIANA,.....USA " Where more than Corn grows in Indiana"!!!
Thumbs up

yes, I would do it again!!!!!!As soon as I can I`m going to take some pic.s of my set-up.I also have a outerwears pre-filter too. Plus this is cheaper in cost... Lariat#1

------------------
1997 Red/Silver F150 Lariat Flareside 3 Dr. SC..... ORP & Tow Package, Complete Lariat Option Package ,{APPEARANCE} AVS Carbon Fiber Headlite Covers, Tail Lite Slots & Door Sill Protectors,Owens Fg. Step Boards, Tinted Windows,Ford 2-Piece Bra,20" Chrome Exhaust Tips,A.R.E Bed Cover Lid,Pendaliner Inner Tail Gate Protector,Zie-Bart Total Paint & Under Coating W/ Sounder Deadener Protection, #1 Ford Truck Plate under glass on Front Bumper,Custom made Ford Red Window Decals,Blue Tinted Rear Lic. Plate Protector,Blue Billet Valve Stem Caps, Ford Chrome Hitch Receiver Cover, HD Bed Mat {PERFORMANCE} 4.6L WINDSOR Auto, 3.55LS, 4-Wheel ABS,Platinum 3 Spark Plugs,K&N Air Filter W/ modified stock MAF side air box,Custom Cold Air Chamber (Dam) to keep hot air from K&N Air Filter,Outerwears Blue Pre-Filter Cover,Tornado Air Man.,WMS Velocity Tube,Dual Exhaust System W/Stock Muffler,Performance Fiction Carbon Metallic Z-Rated Disc Brake Pads,Goodyear Wrangler A/TS Tires,55 Watt Halogen(replacement) Reverse Lites, Pilot 55 watt Halogen (add-on) Reverse Lites on Hitch under truck,Driving Lamps upgraded to 55 Watt Cool Blue Halogen Bulbs,Driving Lamps(Foglites) work W/ High Beams On & Driving Lamps(Foglites) also work (ON or OFF) W/ Park Lamps On W/Switched Relay, A.R.E Cover wired W/interior(dome) light wired to a mounted door jam switch thats wired to hood light {AUDIO} Stock In-Dash Cass. W/6 Disc Changer & 4 Stock Speakers,Trenz Billet #3 Antenna {SECURITY} Ford Total Security System W/ Motion Alarm All on factory Key Fob,Ford Warning Decals on Windows,A.R.E Cover & Hood also wired to Alarm System This is LARIAT#1..... IN The Great State Of Indiana "Where more than corn grows in Indiana".........http://hometown.aol.com/terrylariat1...page/auto.html A Very Proud Member of ...www.f150online.com

Old 02-01-2000, 02:34 PM
Question

dlsipe:
I think you were reading my mind. I was THIS close to posting something similar, since I am considering the same thing. So far, the comments are positive. Any negative experiences out there?

------------------
2000 XLT Black Sport, Flareside, 2WD, Ext. Cab, 5.4L Auto. Other factory options: 3.55 LS, Class III tow, 6-way Captains chairs w/CD changer, Remote entry , and Slider window.
Mods: Undercoat, window tint, headlight & tail light covers, removed "Sport" decals, upgraded Triton tailgate emblem, Linex spray-in bedliner, and an ARE LSII lid.
Wish list: Flowmaster duals, K&N FIPK or Velocity Tube, and a Belltech 3/4 drop.
Check it out at: http://home.columbus.rr.com/selva1/f150.html

Old 02-01-2000, 06:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

I too was close to starting this post.
I'm on the wagon!
It's like $100.00 ?

------------------
99 XLT 5.4L Regular Cab 4x2 120" Wheelbase 4 wheel disc brakes/ABS 5 star larait style wheels Toreador Red/Silver 3.55 gears 255/70/16 OWL Delta toolbox, Ford Running Boards, Ventshades, Bugflector, Bullrings, Donnelly compass mirror, 2" Rear drop.
Eclipse 5340 cd player
Memphis ARCS50 component speakers w/tweeters mounted flush in the door panels (excellent sound)powered by a Sherwood 35x2 RMS amp
Kicker ZR360 for the 2 Audiobahn AWC10 subs
regcab54@sc.rr.com

Old 02-01-2000, 07:03 PM
Thumbs up

54regcab,

$103.82 with shipping to Northern VA!

------------------
Paul...
99 F-150 XLT SC Sport, 4.6L, Auto, Captain Chairs, Class III Towing Package, 3.55 LS, Sliding Rear Window, White, 4X2, CD, Soft Factory Tonneau Cover, K&N Filter, WMS Velocity Tube, Line-X Spray on Bed Liner, Gibson Side Swept Cat Back System, F150online Decal...
Flip Chip on it's way!

ptarnuzzer@megsinet.net

Old 02-01-2000, 10:55 PM
Cool

The velocity tube was the last mod (so far) to be installed. I'm happy, especially for $100. They look like they could use a little more manufacturing experience, but hey, we all start somewhere. I say buy it, just be prepared for some little problems ( I had to buy some radiator hose and a couple of clamps to install mine).

------------------
99 XLT Black Ex-cab, Flareside, 5.4, ORP, 3.73, Gibson Supertruck, K&N, Superchip, WMS Velocity Tube, Modified Airbox, Slap-Free Motor at @19k

Old 02-01-2000, 11:07 PM
Cool

The velocity tube was the last mod for me too. I found the performance very noticable and a nice package when melded with the superchip.

I like the beefy look under the hood also.

I would definately do it again---regards,

------------------
Rick Medina
Las Vegas, Nevada

Old 02-01-2000, 11:14 PM
Hey Lariat1,

U said, "K&N Air Filter W/ modified stock MAF side air box,Custom Cold Air Chamber (Dam) to keep hot air from K&N Air Filter,Outerwears Blue Pre-Filter Cover,Tornado Air Man.,WMS Velocity Tube"

My ? is: what is the modified stock MAF(I know what the MAF is-so please explaint the modified stock part and what did it do for you? AND the Outerwears Blue Pre-Filter Cover? and while I am asking whats up with the custom cold air dam? if you prefer the email for this response I am at wesanders@earthlink.net

------------------
rev.
99 reg. cab, flareside,
true dual exhaust. I call
it candy apple red w/ metal
flake. (medium turodour?)

Old 02-02-2000, 01:08 AM
I got my truck a Velocity Tube for Christmas. My truck really seems to run better. I love the way it looks and sounds under WOT. My tube came complete in about 4 working days. For the money, the performance and looks are worth it! I would do it again in a heart beat.

------------------
97 F-150 4.6 auto, 4x2, 3.55 LS, WMS Velocity tube, K&N, Dynomax Super Turbo exhaust with Echo tube.
Oh yeah, it's Oxford White with crome wheels, Legacy shell & custom grill!

Old 02-10-2000, 11:53 AM
Lightbulb

Any more testomonials?
Does it really cut .5sec off the 0-60 time as they claim?

<A HREF="http://www.wmsracing.com/f150pkg.html" TARGET=_blank> [img]//www.wmsracing.com/wmsgifs/f150vel.jpg[/img] </A>

Power and mileage for your 4.6 or 5.4 Truck. Our Velocity Tube replaces the factory intake silencer assembly while retaining the air box to isolate hot engine air. A new hi-flow tube runs from the air box to the inner fender to draw cold air. Works with the factory replacement K&N filter. Testing found .5 second improvement in 0-60 times. Available in Silver or Black powdercoat.

$134.95 CDN - $89.95 USA
[This message has been edited by 54regcab (edited 02-10-2000).]

Old 02-10-2000, 05:56 PM
Smile

54regcab,
where are you guys getting these prices from. I am definately interested in getting this mod. I am not to crazy about the k@n or the airaid. Any more pics on these things would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
  • 1999 Ford F-150 Flareside ORP
  • 4.6Liter
  • Custom Things Include Lund Moon Visor, Lund Interceptor Bug Guard, Manik Grille Guard, Deflecta-Shield Rain Guards, Delecta-Shield Tail Light Covers, Under Car Lights, Tinted Windows, and Pioneer Head Unit. All things are painted to match truck.

Old 02-10-2000, 06:19 PM
Wink

steveo, click the pic.

Old 02-10-2000, 06:51 PM
I bought one, and took it off.
I can say that when I posted that I removed it they e-mailed me and said they would replace it, so I have to admitt there customer service is very good.
The one I had, none of the holes lined up corectlly, and were to close to the ends.The welds were not very good, and there was weld oversplash that was not removed.
I also think they should have a better hose for the 4.6 instead of giving you a 2nd peice of hose to fill the gap to the throtle body.Also the hose to the air filter canister should be different, instead of a plumming hose. If you want to remove the air filter you have to take the whole unit apart.
You can see from 54regcab's picture that the hole for the temp air sensor is to close to the hose.Also the hose to the air cleaner should be a accordian type, so you could remove the air filter without taking the unit off.
Sorry about the long post, it has promise but needs some reengineering

------------------
1999 F150 4x4 4.6V8 regcab/shortbed
Oxford White with Wedgewood Blue two tone, with Blue Captains chairs
Bassani Cat Back, Superchip,Modified intake with modified K&N filter.

Old 02-10-2000, 07:20 PM
90$ sounds good to me. A 7.7 second 0-60 sounds good to me!

Quick Reply: WMS Velocity Tube Survey