Won’t start

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Won’t start

So I was driving home and all of a sudden my truck cut off. I managed to pull to the side of the road and tried starting the truck back up. It started up but once I put it in drive and pressed the gas it cut off. Tried the same thing again and got the same results. After sitting for about 10mins I just turned the key over to notice if any lights were on. I noticed that the old pressure was reading low. I walked to dollar general and purchased some oil. I put 3quarts in and still reads low oil pressure and won’t start. Any ideas. I don’t know if it’s fuel related or oil related.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:30 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
If the engine wasn't running, of course the oil pressure would read "low", like zero.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:49 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Did you check the oil on the dipstick before adding any? Have you checked it since to see how overfull it is now?

Can we *assume* due to your username this is a 2006 King Ranch with a 5.4?

The dying out could be just about anything, but a likely cause is a corroded FPDM. It's on the frame above the spare tire, it controls the fuel pump.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by glc
Did you check the oil on the dipstick before adding any? Have you checked it since to see how overfull it is now?

Can we *assume* due to your username this is a 2006 King Ranch with a 5.4?

The dying out could be just about anything, but a likely cause is a corroded FPDM. It's on the frame above the spare tire, it controls the fuel pump.

yes it’s a 06 king ranch. I replaced the fpdm today and it still won’t start. I also drained some of the oil from the oil pan as well.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:20 PM
VCT Solenoid

I also replaced both VCT solenoids and it still won’t start. Oil pressure raises halfway then drops back down as if it’s empty

Old 03-27-2019, 09:56 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
It's time to check for spark and fuel. You need a spark tester and noid lights to see if the injectors are firing.

Spark tester:

Amazon Amazon

Noid lights:

Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: Won’t start