rough idle, bad vibration 40 to 55mph

Old 11-07-2018, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rough idle, bad vibration 40 to 55mph

I know this is a 150 fourm, but I need some help..... I replaced my thermostat monday, yesterday when I drove to work my truck (2001 F250 with a v10) idled really rough and shook really bad at 40 to 55 mph... it didnt shake when I let off the gas or at higher rpm's. when I got home I looked under the hood and there was coolant allover the drivers side of the engine, my friend and I discovered that there was a leak where the radiator hose connected to the thermostat housing, thus spraying coolant all over the drivers side of the engine. I replaced the factory hose clamp with a new hose clamp and no leak. I then ran the truck for a couple miles and it still has the bad vibration and still idles rough, could I have fried some of the coils or fuel injectors? what should I look at/for? I am 99.9% sure that the shake is not from tires or suspension, even though I do need new tires.

Thank you for all your help!

Old 11-07-2018, 09:23 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
It's probably missing because the coils got wet. I don't know if that ruined them or they can be dried out. More experienced people will chme in. Checking the codes should help diagnose the issue.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadie
It's probably missing because the coils got wet. I don't know if that ruined them or they can be dried out. More experienced people will chme in. Checking the codes should help diagnose the issue.
That's kind of what I was thinking/hoping, I plan on pulling out the coils on the drivers side on using a compressor to gentally blow them out and where they go.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: rough idle, bad vibration 40 to 55mph