5.4 3v fuel issue

Old 10-10-2018, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.4 3v fuel issue

I've got a 07 f250 with the infamous 5.4 3v 217k my issue is running at idle or on a flat surface with little acceleration it runs good with 40 psi of fuel put it under a load or climb a hill after it warms up and it drops depending on throttle position at wot it drops to 3-5 psi and misses new parts include plugs, coils, injectors, fps, fpdm, fuel filter now I'm out of ideas I even pulled the cats with no change now if I throw it in neutral shut it off wait a second and restart it'll run good again for a few minutes I'm assuming something's getting hot and pulling my fuel pressure but what could it be is my question

Old 10-10-2018, 02:43 PM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
If you didn't use a Motorcraft FPDM, it could be defective. I'd also suspect the fuel pump itself. There's a sock type filter on the pickup in the tank that could be getting clogged.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was actually thinking that next pull the pump check the filter i guess it could be pulling debris and dropping pressure then when you cycle the key off and the pump stops running it drops whatever it's picking up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5.4 3v fuel issue