Cranks, no spark, no start

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Cranks, no spark, no start

Hey guys, I have exhausted all options at this point at diagnosing my truck.... I recently replaced the cam phasers (2005 5.4l 3V) and the truck will not start, it will just crank. I've been able to narrow it down to not having spark, and the PCM is not giving ground. I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor and I have fuel pressure so i'm not sure where to look next. The intertia switch as well as all fuses are fine. Thanks for any help!

Old 01-07-2018, 07:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JakeSigg
Hey guys, I have exhausted all options at this point at diagnosing my truck.... I recently replaced the cam phasers (2005 5.4l 3V) and the truck will not start, it will just crank. I've been able to narrow it down to not having spark, and the PCM is not giving ground. I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor and I have fuel pressure so i'm not sure where to look next. The intertia switch as well as all fuses are fine. Thanks for any help!
Are you missing a ground, engine to chassis. Maybe bad connection to crankshaft sensor or cam sensor??

Old 01-07-2018, 12:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JakeSigg
Did you replace cam phasers and the truck ran fine for a period of time and is now not running? Or has it not run at all since you replaced the phasers?

Old 01-08-2018, 08:02 PM
I don't believe I am. would you happen to know where the engine to chassis ground location is? I have been unable to find a location on it

Old 01-08-2018, 08:03 PM
It has not started up since replacing them

Quick Reply: Cranks, no spark, no start