coolant leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 05:58 PM
K.K
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coolant leak

1997 for f-150 v6 has anyone else had this problem?? My heater core hose blew right off the firewall and its one of those clampless junk hoses.well i was a long way from home so i decided to run the hoses together and by pass the heater core..all was good no leaks when done.. i drove for about 20 miles and noticed temp guage in the red .so pulled over next gas station to check .. odly no leaks all was good. so drove another 10 miles this time motor started pinging i went to pull over gave it a little gas to get into right lane and boom !!! a huge loud backfire ..then the engine ran better lol.. i pull into next gas station and find the water empty in rad .go to fll it but water poured out the back pass side as fast as i could put it in...made it home .later found that the frost plug on the head blew right out..???? whats causing the pressure to blow hoses and plugs?? and is it worth it to put another frost plug in without having same problem..??

Old 12-06-2017, 06:11 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
I'd replace the cap on the coolant bottle. It may not be relieving excess pressure.

Quick Reply: coolant leak