No Compression Driver Side after rear end collision

Old 08-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy No Compression Driver Side after rear end collision

I was rear ended a couple days ago at 5-10 mph. Hit me right on the receiver hitch. Couldn't restart my truck. Had to have it towed. After reading up a bit I thought for sure it would be the fuel pump shutoff needed to be reset. The Ford dealer tells me that isn't the problem. They say that I have no compression on the driver side of the engine. Getting this from the computer. They said the next step is to start pulling the timing cover and such. $1400 to get started.

The only damage I had was to the wiring harness assembly. Could that be at all part of the problem?

There diagnosis doesn't seem to make sense. How could this happen from a low speed collison? HELP!

2005 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4 5.4L

Last edited by djwalk; 08-07-2017 at 07:45 PM. Reason: More information
Old 08-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
The computer does not read compression

Old 08-07-2017, 09:49 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
That's what the other guy's liability insurance is for!

Old 08-10-2017, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They did a relative compression check using the computer. I am having them run a manual compression test for confirmation.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:01 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
That's what the other guy's liability insurance is for!

So true. However in todays world, and hindsight being 20/20, the OP would have been infinitely better off if he had fell out on the street holding his lower back reeling, taken a ride to the hospital in an ambulance, and let the tow trip be to the city pound, and called a lawyer and chiropractor instead of a mechanic.

The insurance would have been much easier to deal with.

Old 08-11-2017, 09:25 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by F150Torqued
So true. However in todays world, and hindsight being 20/20, the OP would have been infinitely better off if he had fell out on the street holding his lower back reeling, taken a ride to the hospital in an ambulance, and let the tow trip be to the city pound, and called a lawyer and chiropractor instead of a mechanic.

The insurance would have been much easier to deal with.
Maybe and maybe not. My stepson caused an accident. Nobody was hurt but the driver of the other car had a back issue and went to a shyster lawyer. They sued me and my insurance co. wanting the 100k medical limit coverage. I let my ins co know that I thought they should pay him. He claimed he couldn't work and was living on borrowed money. My ins. co. filmed him working on 3 separate days and refused to pay. After several months, he got the back operation that he may have needed to begin with and then my ins co tried to pay the $100k but then they wanted $350k. My ins co had hired a law office to handle the case to represent "me" and them. At this point I hired my own attorney, maybe one of the best in the state. We had a big meeting where the films were shown to the other side and they came down to $250k. My ins co asked me if I would contribute and I indicated not one nickel. So, my ins co paid the $250k, $150k over the policy limit. Then my attorney threatened to sue my ins co if they didn't pay his fee as well and they paid. The guys operation cost $90k so he ended up with $60k and his attorney got $100k. All of this took over a year to resolve. It had me worried for quite a while.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:24 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry about your unfortunate experience with the legal system. There was an element of 'hyperbole' intended in my post that might not have come through. The same thing happened to me when my wife 'bumped' the rear of a car at a stop sign. (Wife claimed she was stopped but using the visor mirror touching up makeup and 'rolled' into the car.) Other party sued for back injury. I took pictures of my car - 'plastic license plate frame was NOT broken.' I took photos of the shocks (front bumper 5 mph impact absorbers) with a 'DIME' taped to it for reference. They had collapsed only 1/4 of their 5 mph designed travel distance - and NO other damage to my vehicle. Insurance co settled with other party for $10,000.00 within two months. I was so damn mad I threatened to sue ins co myself, but just changed insurance companies - to make a point (for whatever that was worth).

Both our cases are a function of shyster lawyers. They can cost the insurance company so much money paying THEIR OWN lawyers, it's cheaper to just PAY something to get out of the legal TRAP. Its a shame.

Search this Thread