Cranked & cranked, but didn't start. Replaced fuse.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cranked & cranked, but didn't start. Replaced fuse.

Hey everyone,

Have a 2013 Ford STX with the 5.0 V8. 63k miles.

Truck did something odd for the first time. Key in ignition, turned it to start, and it simply cranked cranked cranked, but would never turn over and start. Got out of the car, locked the car, unlocked car, got back in, turned key to auxiliary only, THEN, went for the crank and it started.

I youtubed/googled and found a similar or identical issue to what I was experiencing, this gentlemen went and replaced the fuse, here's the short video:

I replaced that same fuse (see attachment). It's a little hard to see, but I did have similar corrosion to the video.

Replaced the fuse, and truck starts fine.

Question is - why is this fuse getting to this condition in the first place?? Is there an underlying issue taking place somewhere else which is causing the fuse to look like this?

Only other negative thing I've experienced with the truck so far is the water pump went south on me couple months ago. I'm the original owner. Is this truck still well built for 63k miles?

Thanks,
Jack

Attached Thumbnails Cranked & cranked, but didn't start. Replaced fuse.-fuse.jpg