Starting engine after airbags deploy

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Starting engine after airbags deploy

Have a 2002 F150 4.6 was involved in a Side Collision I want to part it out. I want to show how well it still runs but it won't start nothing in the engine was involved in a collision how do I start the engine it won't start is there a switch or a reset or a fuse that needs to be fixed since their bags were deployed
Replies needed thank you

Old 05-03-2017, 08:59 PM
glc
Received 758 Likes on 702 Posts
Won't start as in it turns over but won't fire? Check the fuel shutoff inertia switch behind the passenger kick panel. Push the button on top of it down.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:18 AM
Probably the problem

Yeah I believe that is to be the problem being as that's where the truck got wrecked in its right there so that cut off switch for the fuel definitely probably the problem.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:41 AM
That IMO was one of Ford's REAL "better ideas". Don't know who or what manufacturer gets real credit for it (would not be surprised if Volvo) but glad Ford used it.

Mine worked so well it shut the fuel off when I lost control of a Mustang on a backroad and wound up sitting crossways in the middle of the road where people fly around a curve. Car shut off and wouldn't start when it was all done. A LOT of fishtailing and jerking went on at speeds I won't mention. Since my salesman happened to mention the fuel cutoff and where it was located it I jumped out and pressed the button. VOILA!

Obviously no more Mustang now (this was in the 90s, a foxbody). Could you imagine if our Expies had the same Crowd Control feature?

Last edited by MrXLT; 05-04-2017 at 11:44 AM.