1999 f250 5.4 no start no crank... Help :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 f250 5.4 no start no crank... Help :(

hey all,

So here is the scope...

Parked my F250 yesterday after work, ran fine, no issues, no troubling sounds or lights.
Hop in it this morning... No start No Crank, one solid click from the starter.

Previous experiences lead me to believe starter went bad, so i pull it. connections were gunked up, so i cleaned them up and headed to autozone to have them test it. It failed 3 times in a row, so i bought a new one. Installed the new one, no change, so i move up to the starter relay... happen to have a expedition with the same set-up parked next to it so i robbed the relay and installed it. No change. Start reading threads and forums, arc'd the starter relay still one solid click, shifted it out into neutral and let it roll backwards down my driveway a bit, No Change. Removed Serpentine belt and tried to manually turn crank (by hand...) solid no movement.

Ive checked everything i can think of...
And I can't believe that over night it seized with absolutely no warning
Generally speaking im normally a capable mechanic, but im at a loss and cant afford a couple hundred dollar shop bill.

please help

Old 12-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
An injector could have flooded a cylinder and hydrolocked the engine? Start removing the spark plugs and see. I know it's a pita to remove them but that might explain what happened.