2006 f250 5.4 hesitates/loss of power during acceleration.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 f250 5.4 hesitates/loss of power during acceleration.

I have a 2006 f250 5.4 that hesitates during acceleration.The only code that came up was for small evap leak. I took it to ford and they said the cats were clogged and wanted $2400 to change them. I picked the truck up and changed the cats myself. Afterwards the truck has the same problem. So then I changed the plugs, no change. I changed all 8 injectors, no change. I changed the fuel pump and filter, no change. Changed mass air flow sensor, no change. I also tried unhooking all four oxygen sensors and it still didn't help it. At this point I'm contemplating changing all the coils or just taking it back to ford. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated..Thanks.

Old 06-16-2014, 10:50 AM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Why didn't you fix the evap leak first?

Old 06-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I addressed the evap leak by replacing the gas cap, cleared the code and it never came back on. Since my last post I have taken the truck to a different ford dealer. After not hearing from them for 2 days I went over to the dealership, where I found the truck sitting outside not being worked on. I went in and they said they ran a diagnostic on it and came up with nothing. They were now thinking it might be in the transmission and they only have one transmission guy and he hadn't got a chance to look @ it. After another day they called saying they now don't think it's the transmission but now think the motor is just worn out. Although it passed all computer compression tests, they now want more money to pull the coils and plugs to run a manual compression test. I kinda get the feeling that they just can't figure it out and want to just blame it on the motor being worn out. Any thoughts, help, or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:57 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
How many miles are on it and what's its maintenance history?

With no codes, a manual compression test wouldn't hurt.

Quick Reply: 2006 f250 5.4 hesitates/loss of power during acceleration.