REBUILDING 99 FORD F150 5.4L V8 Help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation REBUILDING 99 FORD F150 5.4L V8 Help?

Hi Forum, I'm new here. Been coming in and out of this site for almost 7 months for info that I finally decided to register

I have a 99 Ford F150 Lariat (5.4L V8 2v Vin L)
This is my first vehicle , I bought it exactly a year ago and out of the entire I only was able to drive it for 3 months. If it wasn't engine problems it was transmission, and if neither, electrical, or shocks and what not.

I have a special attachment to this truck since I believe in luck and if it were't for this truck I provably wouldn't be here due to many stupid actions taken by me during the period of me driving it, also my grandmother was very proud of me when I purchased it... she passed away 5 months after that...

So I have decided to complete RESTORE it. I've already GUTTED the truck down to bare cab and engine compartment.

This is my plan,

-NEW 5.4L V8
-NEW 4R100 Auto Trans
-NEW DASH
-REPAINTED BODY & CHASSIS
-NEW CAB INTERIOR (SEATS, CARPET, etc)
-NEW LIFT

I've been doing A LOT of research but now that I'm actually moving along with it, I want to make sure I'm doing this right.

I've already received the REMAN 4R100 Transmission.

Waiting on the Engine, I have LITERALLY to start from scratch.

My main question is, does anyone know what I'll need for the engine to work?
I mean Accessories, for example I've found the wiring harness from Ron Francis to connect the Engine Computer to the Engine but is that all for the EFI system to work in the electrical section? Also Fuel Delivery? Oils? Hoses? Intakes... The engine is a LONG Block and I didn't SAVE ANYTHING from the original 5.4L, GUTTED AND TRASHED! I just want a FRESH NEW CLEAN Install for it to last me another good 10 years

Let me know guys what you think can be helpful information

I will post images in a few

Old 12-22-2012, 02:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your prolly gonna need some of the old brackets from the old engine. Also unless you plan on buying all new sensors,, you might want that old engine to use them. If you have stripped the truck down to its birthday suit,,, would be a good time to look at the wiring harness for the engine bay. Should be able to use the old engine computer for new long block.

One other thing your in california,, right??? You have smog rules there??? If so youll need it to back to stock basiclly or smog legal??????

Quick Reply: REBUILDING 99 FORD F150 5.4L V8 Help?