just finished my first 1000 miles with AutoRX

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trajan
Cleaning by hand? I did that with a hand me down 64 Buick le Sabre back in the early 1980s.

This "Gary Allan" will claim that ARX breaks up the sludge and clog things. But as with everything else in this thread, he provides no proof.
Trajan, you have not provided us with any proof that auto-rx actually works, one thing we can prove is that auto-rx will lighten your wallet by $28.00

When will we see the owner of auto-rx come on here and post, since he is not making any sales I am sure he has time too post here, The Wizard Of Oz needs to come out from his curtain.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Bottom line is that you are taking a risk by using a chemical to clean up a heavily sludged engine. It may work out and it may not. But that is your choice and I respect your choice.

The old 59 Chevy I spoke of was extremely easy to work on. Thinking back, I should have removed the oil pan and cleaned it out. Today's vehicles are not easy to work on. Actually if the sludge stays put, it doesn't hurt anything. Breaking it up may do harm.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Suspended
Auto-RX Oil Treatment. Don't Do It.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have posted this to the official Auto-RX forums only to have the thread deleted 2 times, and the account I used to post this banned. Just a further example as to how terrible their customer service is.

I am writing to anyone that might be on the fence about purchasing a treatment or two of Auto-RX. In few words, Don't Do it. Allow me to go into the background of my issue.

I have a 2003 wrx that was burning around .75 quarts of oil every thousand miles or so. Thinking that it might be a stuck ring land I came across Auto-RX that claimed it could free up stuck ring lands, increase cylinder pressures, and reduce oil blow by. "GREAT!" I thought to myself, this is exactly what I needed. So after speaking with Rich Eklund regarding what oil to use in my treatment cycle I settled on Valvoline Conventional 5w30 for both the treatment oil, and the rinse oil.

Roughly 1000-1500 miles into the treatment an oil leak developed on the drivers side of my motor, at first I thought it might have been the valve cover gasket. So I looked on the Auto-RX website and saw that there was a possibility that Auto-RX could make your seals more pliable. "Seems plausible" I thought to myself, the FAQ said that it could take up to 3000 miles for the seals to re-seal and after that everything should be golden. So I waited, drained out the Auto-RX treatment oil and refilled with clean Valvoline 5w30 and a fresh Purelator One filter. 1,000 miles passed, no change in the leak. 2,000 miles passed, still no change in fact it was getting worse. 3,000 miles passed, and still the oil leak was getting a little worse. After 3,500 miles I drained the oil and refilled with Pennzoil Ultra 5w30 and a fresh Purelator One filter.

During this time I began speaking to local shops regarding what the cause could be, as Auto-RX states that it cannot under any circumstances cause harm to seals. The overwhelming conscensus was that a cam seal had torn. So I contacted Auto-RX again to get their opinion on what could be going on. And once again Rich Ukland answered my email. Wherein he said that it could be a stuck PCV valve, maybe some dirt had dislodged and gotteen stuck in the seal causing the leak, or that it could also be a torn seal. He offered that he could look into getting a complimentary bottle of Auto-RX sent to me if a new PCV wouldn't solve the problem.

After a few days I decided that I would I would take Rich up on his offer of a complimentary bottle of Auto-RX. I sent an email in on July 22nd, wherein I asked if he could look into getting another bottle of Auto-RX sent to me. Here is where the otherwise good customer service experience went completely down hill. Rich was out on vacation and now Frank Miller (the owner of the company) was answering the emails. Here is his response to the email I wrote:

"Hello Rich is on vacation. Why would we send you a free bottle of Auto-Rx ?"

Brief to say the least. But I oblidged to tell him why a free bottle might be sent to me with this reply:

"Well first and foremost Rich said that he'd look into it. To give you the back story: after my first treatment of Auto-RX I developed an oil leak from a cam seal, I had hoped that it would have gone away but it still persists 5000 miles after the treatment oil had been drained."

Now keep in mind that Auto-RX uses a gmail account for their customer service email. So Frank would have full access to the string of emails that had been sent. Here is the response I received from Frank, along with the rest of the email conversation. His emails are Bolded, mine are italicized:

"WHAT IS THE OIL YOUR USING ? "

"I ran Valvoline conventional through it for the treatment oil and the oil change after. It currently has Pennzoil Ultra in it."

"This is from our website " Drain the Ultra go back to Valvoline Conventinal the leak will stop." He copy/pasted a portion of the website that went over why you should not use Pennzoil Ultra or other PAO based oils in conjunction with an Auto-RX treatment. Keep in mind that at this point my motor had not had Auto-RX in it for 5000 miles.

"I had run Valvoline convention through it for after the treatment 3000 miles and the leak showed no signs of stopping. I do plan on changing back to a conventional oil as the price of the pennzoil ultra is prohibitive given that the car is leaking more than 1 quart every 1000 miles currently. To clarify, Pennzoil Ultra and Auto-RX have *NOT* been in the motor at the same time, only Valvoline Conventional was used with Auto-RX and in the oil change following the Auto-RX treatment."

"**** is is the complex additive package in the full synthetic oil that caused the leak to come back. If your saying it leaked after you completed rinse mode with Valvoline Conventinal oil ? than you have a torn or ripped seal. Which will have to be replaced." He clearly had not understood that the oil leak began during the original Auto-RX treatment and had not stopped since.

"That is exactly what I am saying, the leak developed at the end of the treatment cycle and persisted through the rinse and into this current oil change. I have an appointment on monday to have the seal replaced which will be roughly $400. Needless to say I am very much less than thrilled to be having to spend $400 to replace a seal with less than 10k miles on it after using your product. I would appreciate some assistance in repairing this damage that your product caused."

"Auto-Rx can't cause a sel leak and it can't repair a torn seal Based on your e-mails think you should step to the plate and recognise your own inability to except a mechanical problem. If you added more Auto-Rx after the application was complete you need to tell me perhaps i can save you a repair bill also if you used a full synthetic right after the Auto-rx Application you need to tell me by right after i mean with in 500 miles after Your Auto-rx application was finished. " I was willing to recount all of the steps I had taken with the original Auto-RX treatment. But it was at this point when Frank began getting hostile with me simply because I requested some sort of assistance with the oil leak that started during the Auto-RX treatment. This response caused me to reel, was this person really a representative of the company? Why would you be treating a customer like this, especially when they're having a rather serious issue?

"I really do not appreciate your condescending attitude and remarks regarding this matter.

I have told you, multiple times, that the oil I used with the Auto-RX treatment (when the leak started) was Valvoline Conventional, as is one of your recommended oils. The oil change immediately after that treatment cycle was ALSO Valvoline Conventional, as is the recommendation. The leak began roughly 1000 miles into the treatment cycle, and has not stopped in the 5000 miles since.

This is not my inability to "except" a mechanical problem, this is your product causing a seal to degrade in such a manner as to cause this oil leak. I have not added any further Auto-RX to any of the following oil changes as I had read the seal leak application documentation that you replied with. If you believe that another treatment of Auto-RX will remedy the situation, by all means send me another bottle and I will put it in with my next oil change. However, given the amount of oil that is leaking from the seal, I do not believe this is simply a pliable seal. I have attached several photographs that show how oily the undercarriage of the car is now due to this oil leak and the size of the oil stain on my driveway from this oil leak. Previous to this my vehicle had never dripped a single drop of oil in it's lifetime, the undercarriage was only every covered with road dust and dirt. It is now covered in a film of oil." I sent him these four photos which show how much oil is leaking from the seal: https://i.imgur.com/m2UAo.jpg https://i.imgur.com/H0kfC.jpg https://i.imgur.com/bU9Hw.jpg https://i.imgur.com/PbOJC.jpg

"If i am to accept you did the application absoulutely correct than your leak it is because it is ripped or torn.We don't fix this problem. Another bottle of Auto-Rx will not fix a ripped or torn seal. In 10 years we have never "degraded a seal" our chemistry does not swell seals. This string has riun it's course."

This is far and away the absolute worst customer service experience I have ever had. This is how they stand by their product. I will never purchase another product from Auto-RX or Frank Miller ever again. I am having the seals replaced at my expense and will be telling everyone I can to avoid Auto-RX like the plague. Buy some other competing product, do not give this man your hard earned money. You'll just get thrown to the side like I did.

With further research I found this thread: http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56544 If what is said there is true, then this is very damning evidence against Auto-RX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Amandyke; 07-25-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Terrible Customer Service Terrible Product

Roadie, anyone using auto-rx in a heavily sludged engine is also taking a risk, sludge is kind of Gooie, you need something that will dissolve it, auto-rx will not dissolve the sludge, the only thing it will do is make your money disapear.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
is this Garry Allen guy an lltoolj in disguise?

Old 09-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Suspended
We've all seen the good and bad post's on Autorx... virtually everyone says it cleaned the sludge, some have pointed out the residual varnish still on the engine parts and the waxy crystals in the filters...hmmm. I got to thinking about it, and during re - orders I have discussed this with Frank. As a result, I think Autorx has really benefited from all the feedback here on Bob's site.

Just think about it - First, the feedback lets Frank know just what Autorx will and won't do in automotive applications. I understand that autorx was invented for another industry, and I think all of the metal parts dealt with were cast iron or steel. In those applications, I'm pretty sure Frank DID see all varnish gone. If y'all notice, all of the engines that have been presented as still being varnished after Autorx's applications were aluminum heads, valve covers, and rockers. I got to thinking about it, and I think the porosity of the aluminum accepts the color and hold it much more tenaciously than cast iron. I see that everyday in my shop, when cleaning aluminum vs cast iron. I don't think frank had been exposed to this before, so the members here have really helped Frank learn what autorx's abilities and limitations are.

Also, some have posted pics of a waxy residue in the filters... I guess that got under Franks skin too, as we see he's gone back to the drawing board and upgraded the formulation. Frank has also revised the insructions, due to member feedback.

All in all, I see the feedback - both pro and con - to have helped Autorx become a better and more user friendly product. Someday Autorx will probably be much more widely available, and I see all the feedback on autorx here at Bob's site to be the best thing to happen for Autorx, and all of us who've come to know Autorx as the quality product it is... Steve

My background is in from another field of Auto-Rx type chemistry application. The machinery treated with this chemistry is composed of "Ferrous Metal" and post copied here is correct. Truthfully I never made the connection as to why stains are not being removed from certain engines. Thanks Steve
Toyota Steve
Member # 1791

posted September 11, 2003 09:24 PM
Drew - your dipstick is steel. I have come to find that Autorx cleans all metals, but does better at removing varnish color from the cast iron and steel parts than it does from the aluminum. It must have something to do with the porosity of aluminum, and the ease with which aluminum varnishes. Because your dipstick is ferrous metal, like your block, crank and rods, it REALLY cleans up well with autorx. steve
Posts: 23 | From: florida | Registered: Jul 2003 | IP: Logged |
e: Auto-rx as a varnish cleaner
Frank Offline

Loc: Jacksonville Beach Fl
Auto-Rx will clean varnish off of cast iron most
metals during application process. Aluminum is the exception eventually it will come clean however not during the Auto-Rx application. Varnish is a cosmetic issue and does nothing to performance level.

Frank, is the Owner of auto-rx, he clearly states that his product has limitations in cleaning up Aluminum Engines, those are his words, you can see where he admits that his product was designed to clean up Ferrous Metal like Cast Iron.

This post I found shows that auto-rx has known that its product has serious limitations with Aluminum Engines since at least September of 2003

Auto-Rx has done nothing in 9 years to make its product work with today's Aluminum Engines.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by 1997 lariat 4.6
is this Garry Allen guy an lltoolj in disguise?
Yes. On BITOG, he was known as c3po. And got banned for this kind of nonsense. He joined again under the name Pontiac Fan, and quickly got banned again. (I'll take credit for that.)

At Noria, he was known as Big Bear, c3po, and Jim Nash. His trolling threads get locked or disappear.

ARX is to him what bells were to Pavlov's dogs.

He's been running around different auto forums and youtube claiming to be Gary Allan's son, or dnewton3, (a mod at BITOG and a confirmed ARX skeptic til Gary convinced him to try it.) Guess I'll see my name being used soon by this pond scum.

You'll notice he hasn't proven any of his claims. For example, all those he claims are/were paid posters. He can't prove it. He knows he can't prove it, but he hopes you'll buy into his delusions.

BTW, the only one to admit being a paid poster is.........c3po. And this was after praising the product to heaven and back. For *years*

Draw your own conclusions.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Gary Allan
Trajan, you have not provided us with any proof that auto-rx actually works, one thing we can prove is that auto-rx will lighten your wallet by $28.00

When will we see the owner of auto-rx come on here and post, since he is not making any sales I am sure he has time too post here, The Wizard Of Oz needs to come out from his curtain.
c3po. *I* don't have to provide anything. *You* have failed to answer the questions asked by others.

You're a fraud. A troll. Until you come out of the closet, you get nothing.

There are numerous youtube videos that show "Gary allen" who is at one point asking about the product and has no knowledge of the product and 2 days later posting comments about him being a paid poster for auto rx. Care to explain that Zippy?

How about some check stubs, Skippy? Okay, how about shipping receipts showing no cost/charge on the invoice? Yeah, I know, you don't have any...kinda like the brains in yer head. Go troll somewhere else and leave a damn fine man rest in peace.
Since you CLAIM to be Garys son, this should be a REAL easy question for you. Just what will be the expected results from an FTIR test on Auto-Rx? The results are extremely predictable. Yer turn, Skippy. Care to answer that Zippy

Last edited by Trajan; 09-27-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Exposing this "Gary Allan" as a fraud
Old 09-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Troll battle. Cool.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by jethat
Troll battle. Cool.

There are some differences though. I don't care if you use ARX or not. I'm not using the name of a dead man, though the Emperor Trajan did die back in AD117, to attack a product said man used and liked. Nor am I a spokeman for the product. Or even currently use it. (Bought a bunch of rifles/pistols, gotta pay that off first.)

Last edited by Trajan; 09-27-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by jethat
Troll battle. Cool.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here are the results from the last oil change in the Fast Track Sludge. I've finished all the steps, and I'm now running M1EP with 3 oz of ARX in the oil.

There was not as much sludge filtered out of the oil, either because there was no ARX or that I've cleaned out the easy to clean sludge. the filter was about as full of particles as it's always been.

Well, that concludes the last step of the fast track for sludge. Did Auto-RX work for me? It looks like it did. I'll continue to filter the oil and see what comes out and update accordingly.

Also, I would appreciate it if the trolls would keep out of this thread. I'm looking at you, "Gary Allan". We know you're not GA Sr., since he's deceased, and we know you're no Jr., since he has no interest in tribology.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Suspended
Gary Allan Sr.

Obituary

Guest Book

14 entries

- Diane Stubblebine

The Guest Book is expired.

Restore the Guest Book

Gary L. Allan Sr., husband of Joyce C. (Kendig) Allan, of Pottstown, died Friday, April 8, 2011 in his home. Born in Attleboro, Mass., he was the son of the late George and Bernice (Haskel) Allan. He worked for the Crompton and Knowles Chemical Dye Company in Gibraltar, Pa. Mr. Allan also did consulting work for the Auto RX Company in Florida.

Trajan, why does the last sentence say MR. ALLAN ALSO DID CONSULTING WORK FOR THE AUTO-RX COMPANY IN FLORIDA.

So we now have 2 Paid Posters For Auto-Rx, Gary Allan and this c3po person you keep throwing at us, how are sales this week at auto-rx, anyone buying this product needs to ask for 50% off, $28.00 a bottle is too high, $14.00 is a fair price for limited results, its not like Frank Miller has a Warehouse that he keeps his auto-rx stored at, his Warehouse is actually the bathroom in his apartment or Townhouse where keeps about 2 cases of auto-rx, thats about 48 bottles. Frank Miller can be the Wizard of Oz and Trajan can be the Wicked Witch of the West. Bob Winters a.k.a. BOBISTHEOILGUY tested auto-rx and found that this product does not work.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Here is post by Brent passing himself off as Gary Allen or Gary Allen Jr. on F150 Board
He should be banned just my 2cents.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brent Hughes, knock it off. the crazy ***** coming out of your mouth isn't discrediting Auto-RX, it's discrediting you. Go troll somewhere else, and quit using a dead man's name to lend yourself some credibility.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Ehhh, had a link to another site where he posted the same obit and claim under the name demarpaint.

Zippy's such a tool.

Done. (hopefully)

Last edited by Trajan; 09-28-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Quick Reply: just finished my first 1000 miles with AutoRX