Wtf ford!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Wtf ford!

We have an 08 F150 4X4, 5.4L that is giving us hell. We replaced the timing chains, tensioners, guides, sprocket, phasers, oil pump and oil, can sensors, VCT sensors, MAF sensor, plugs, oil pressure switch, O2 sensors, coils, and pig tails. It was running great for a hot second, and then the oil pressure kept going haywire again. It has started running rough again and lose power and the engine sounds very rough. There was some debris in the oil pan from the tensioners/guides and we got that all cleaned out and cleaned the screen. My husband found a vacuum hose toward the back of the engine, but can find were it needs to be connected to. (I'm sure this is playing a part to the problem but I can't find a damn diagram for vacuum lines to say my life) We have order the rollers and lifters hoping that this is the cause. We are at a standstill and don't know what else do to this truck. We keep getting codes for the cam sensors and misfiring, but we have changed everything. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Codes for cam sensors and misfiring would be that timing got off a notch or two.

I recommend double checking it all out.

Old 12-03-2021, 08:05 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
There are several vacuum canister/actuators on the back of the intake manifold

Quick Reply: Wtf ford!