95' 5.8L Running rough then clears up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95' 5.8L Running rough then clears up?

Okay so I just picked up a 1995 F-150 extended cab, short bed 4x4 with the 5.8L and it's giving me a headache trying to figure out whats wrong with it.

Here is the problem that I can't seem to solve. Whenever I start it up when the motor is cold, it'll start up fine and run fine for roughly a minute or so. And then the idle drops down and it starts running pretty rough a couple of times it's actually stalled, but always starts right back up. After running poorly for another couple minutes it just clears itself right up and goes back to idling perfectly.

I'm stumped for ideas as to what would cause it to run fine, then like crap, then fine again all in a roughly 5 minute window of starting the truck. It does have some other issues but I don't feel that they are related to this problem (exhaust ends right after the 1st cat because it fell off, fuel tank has a small leak I believe from the seam, tach doesn't work, Oil pressure gauge doesn't work) So I don't think those are playing a role in this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy

Quick Reply: 95' 5.8L Running rough then clears up?