HELP NEEDED truck running like crap

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP NEEDED truck running like crap

I'll be using the search feature as soon as I'm done typing this but if anyone knows whats causing this please let me know. I was driving down the road when a cel came on and the enginge began running extremely rough and wanting to stall at anything less than 1000 rpm. Went to advance and had the cel checked and they told me it was the cam positioning sensor after replacing both of them the problem is still happening. The cel has been reset and hasn't come back on so unfourtanately I do not have the actual code #s. I know if I can find answers anywhere it will be here. Thanks in advance...

UPDATE

Ok little bit more information, the problem is occuring once the engine is nice and warm, approximately 20 minutes city driving. After that is occurs any time the rpms go under 1000 and its accompanied by a scary metalic ticking sound that gets louder the lower the rpms go until the engine stalls out around the normal 5-600 rpm idling range... At this point I can not get the cel to trip again so I still do not have the code #s. If this still sounds like an injector problem or there are any other ideas please let me know. Thanks again

Last edited by Ford108; 07-30-2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 07-30-2011, 09:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You need to get the codes. Also read this.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/v8...ram-07m08.html

I've had to use it.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you, will try to get the codes tomorrow...

Quick Reply: HELP NEEDED truck running like crap