Misfire in cylinder 6

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 07:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Misfire in cylinder 6

This is on my 99 5.4.
Replaced headgasket, valves and valve seals, headgasket and studs. Upon start up has had a rough idle and valve train noice. I then replaced the lifters and that helped the ticket sound. I went ahead and replaced the rockers next along with new plugs on that side of the motor in hopes it would fix the rough idle and the little bit of ticking.

After that I decided to drive it daily and have been since last week. After u drive it for more than 15 min it finally threw a code and has since stating misfire in cylinder 6.

Here is what I've done:
Replaced plug
Replaced COP with two others even with one next to it
Switched injectors
Cleaned MAF
Sprayed electric cleaner in the harnesses for the cop and injector

None of the above changed anything

Something I noticed when I pulled the head I still had coolant in the system and basically the fluid went down the exchaust...could a bad o2 cause this? I have a exchaust leak at flange where the exhaust meets the manifold could that cause the misfire?

Next step was going to be compression test. I would think if it was 02 I'd throw a code for it but I see is p0306 I think it is.

She drives great once up to speed...just a rough idle and when trying to get up to speed slowly. If u get on the gas she's good especially riding at 65-70.

Wanted to see if you guys have any other ideas besides low compression.
I've heard common for the wiring clip on the injector or coil going bad.

Thoughts ?
Thanks

Old 04-26-2016, 10:23 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts

Quick Reply: Misfire in cylinder 6