01 Screw won't fire

Old 02-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 Screw won't fire

This morning when I got to my truck the blower was running, with no key in the ignition, the odometer was also lit up.

After a jump it will crank but not fire, I do not hear the fuel pump when I turn on the ignition.

It sounded like two problems but it seems unlikely(to me) that they are not related.

I swapped the fuel pump relay with an Identical one no diff. I bought the truck used with an after market alarm/starter(crimestopper rs-1303) It can't cut the fuel so I've moved past that.

Right now I am going to check the gem(I've read about the windshield leak)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Ben DeLapp; 02-01-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:18 AM
With the key out of the ignition while the blower was running, I stared pulling fuses. I pulled the fuse to the gem module, the blower shut off, so I turned the key and it fired up instantly.

Short somewhere or bad gem module.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:20 PM
I just drove it with the gem fuse removed, I had to start it then put the fuse in in order to shift out of Park. Then I removed the fuse. I will try next time to leave the fuse in while I drive, but that just came to me. All interior electronics work, ABS works. Seems fine to drive until I get the GEM in.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:08 PM
I removed the Gem to verify part numbers and then just reinstalled(I have to get to work), and tested, it will now start up as normal with everything hooked as it should be, the odometer is no longer lit when the key is removed and the blower also will not function anymore with the key removed.

some pieces of leaves and some dirt came out of the two big bolt on plugs, couldn't have been shorting anything inside those plugs(the terminals are well spaced) but I'm pretty much stumped as to how it is at least temporarily fixed.

We will see how things go long term and at least I know what needs to be replaced if it happens again.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:54 PM
i have an 2003 f-150 4x4 XLT Supercrew mine was doing the same thing i had a gem module put in to the tune of $1243.00 didnt help mine . right now mine is doing these things. 1) odometer light goes out then comes back on with dashes like this -------- thru it .that is with the key out as well 2)turn the truck off and take out the key out...... my service engine soon light , my oil lamp, my low range and the theft light is blinking fast but the truck runs fine not sure what all this is about some one said the PCM is bad But dont know not sure if that helped or not.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 01 Screw won't fire