1997 4.6L high speed running problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 1997 4.6L high speed running problem

hey all, i am new on this site. i have been having alot of issues with my truck resently... here is a little background info.

truck- 1997 single cab long box 4x4 XLT
engine-4.6L out of a 1998 2 wheel drive
New sending unit, and fuel lines (steel on top of the trans)
ok so my problems started after running my truck out of oil and blowing the original engine. i bought a 1998 for extremely cheap, drove it for 2 weeks with out a problem and then decided i wanted my 4x4 back. so after a few LONGG nights (and some beer lol).. i am driving my 4x4 again. how ever it is running like a bag of s*!t. the truck fires up no problem, but when cold, runs really rough when off idle. as the truck warms up, it gets better until i try to get on the throttle hard. it starts misfiring and popping out the exhaust, and when this happens it feels like i am driving a 3 cylinder geo metro... lol
i am getting 2 codes, p0153 and p1151.

now the fun part is that i threw the truck back together as cheap as i could as i am just out of school and not many hours at work... anyways, i had to use half of the exhaust off each truck because the passenger side cat and o2s were COATED in oil. so i used the pass side cat and o2s from the 2wd. and made my own dual exhaust( straight pipes) when i pulled the motor from the 2wd, i disconnected the wiring harness on the fire wall so i didnt have to disconnect everything. i am unsure of the engine code of the 2wd but my 4x4 is a "W" the 2wd was a 1998 and the 4x4 is 1997. would this cause a problem? if so would switchin computers solve it? i removed the 2wd one for a spare. ANY help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! thanks in advance

Quick Reply: 1997 4.6L high speed running problem