2001 5.4L no oil pressure (on gauge) at start up

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
id try the senor frist and quick.

my buddy had his light do the same thing normal zero while driving and warm thoe. lost oil pump and locked up motor.

so id make sure its sending unit frist n quick to be safe. Aftermarket oil gauges arent that much and i trust my after market more then idoit light. the light on dash and needle only moves to 0 and flashes with 5PSI or less of oil....my truck full warm at idle has 35-40.. so 5 is nothing at all.

just my 2 cents it prob is sending unit but id get it changed quick to be sure.... i know after oil changes it takes 5-10 sec for oil to hit the aftermarket gauge.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shifty_85
id try the senor frist and quick.

my buddy had his light do the same thing normal zero while driving and warm thoe. lost oil pump and locked up motor.

so id make sure its sending unit frist n quick to be safe. Aftermarket oil gauges arent that much and i trust my after market more then idoit light. the light on dash and needle only moves to 0 and flashes with 5PSI or less of oil....my truck full warm at idle has 35-40.. so 5 is nothing at all.

just my 2 cents it prob is sending unit but id get it changed quick to be sure.... i know after oil changes it takes 5-10 sec for oil to hit the aftermarket gauge.
car died in the middle of driving what is the cause of this

Old 03-10-2019, 03:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
That's great.

Hopefully you aren't sitting in the freeway blocking up traffic while trying to get an answer on a 9 y/o thread.

First: What you are working on? We can't see what you are working on, or what died through the Internet.

Secondly, I recommend making a new thread, because it's highly unlikely that an oil pressure sensor will make your "car" die in the middle of driving.

Old 03-10-2019, 05:11 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny Dee
Call a tow truck, have it towed to a dealer or good independent shop.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:18 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny Dee
Running out of gas is a common cause. If you turn the ignition off, it will die too.

- Jack

Quick Reply: 2001 5.4L no oil pressure (on gauge) at start up