Knocking noise V8 5.4L Triton

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
Make SURE you get pictures of what the problem really was and take them with you to the dealer - and when you get to the dealer, go right to the owner or GM, don't even mess with the service department. If they give you crap, go to the local media. I would push real hard for a refund of the tow and diagnostic bill.
That is an excellent idea. Just got off the phone with the repair shop. They will keep the old parts and take pics for me.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:57 PM
glad to see it worked out for you and didnt have to replace that engine. but most definitly take pics and demand a refund on your towing and call and complain about that dealer to ford. That is just another reason why i hate to take anything to a dealer. oh yea make sure you rub it in there face real good that they were wrong and dont know what there doing.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by jrfonte
glad to see it worked out for you and didnt have to replace that engine. but most definitly take pics and demand a refund on your towing and call and complain about that dealer to ford. That is just another reason why i hate to take anything to a dealer. oh yea make sure you rub it in there face real good that they were wrong and dont know what there doing.
I will be sure to rub their faces in it. I really appreciate all of you that gave advice or direction here. You guys are awesome!!! I will let y'all know the outcome with the dealer next week and post a pic of my truck when I get her back. THANKS SO MUCH!!!

for everyone!

Old 06-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Expedition10
WOOHOO...Just got a call from the repair shop. The valve covers need to be replaced. He said a plastic assembly on the underside of the right valve cover, that is attached with adhesive, had fallen off and down on top of the valves, and the noise was the valve knocking around that assembly.
What a relief! He said the engine was fine, doesn't even need a tune up. They will have it ready for me to pick up Tues. YES!!!!

thats great. at least the dealership wasnt totally wrong- after all they did say that something broke

Old 06-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
#UNBELEAVABLE#
I wish you had something in writing from that Stealership. I'd Have the news Medea on them like stink on a skunk.............

Glad it worked out for you and you persevered

Old 06-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
WOW!!!!and congratulations on it being something not catastrophic. I'd suggest having the same mechanic do an oil change and make sure it is a name brand, quality 5w-20. Motorcraft, Pennzoil, Havoline, come to mind quick but there are others just as good as long as it wears an API Starburst. Make sure he puts a Motorcraft or Purolator oil filter on it. Those have the correct anti-drain back valve so important to these engines. We're all glad fer ya girlfrien'!. And I would hammer that dealership in front of news cameras in a heartbeat. Besides, I bet you'd look good on TV anyway.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So happy for you! That is why I advised you to know Exactly what was wrong before making any investments, in any engine! As stated above, make sure you use a good 5W-20 oil for now on with a FL-820-s Motorcraft filter!....Again so happy for you! Make sure you really give it to that Stealership!......Congrads!

Old 06-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Thanks to all of you for helping me be an informed consumer and not letting me get ripped off...If I end up in front of news cameras I will give you guys a link and a plug for the website (do y'all sell t-shirts?)...I will never ever ever put anything but 5w20 and motorcraft filter in my truck again, no way no how!

All kidding aside I really appreciate all the help and adivce y'all gave me.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi, again, , good news. I got my truck back this afternoon and she sounds PERFECT!!! After I picked her up I went to the Stealership, talked with the President of the place and got a full refund, $252.90 even the towing cost!!!! I didn't even need the pics. I had the part that had come loose and the repair bill from the shop that fixed it. Even though he was helpful, I never plan to use them again.

Thanks again for all your help. I really appreciate it.

for everyone.

Last edited by Expedition10; 06-30-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Glad everything worked out! Don't be a stranger......

Old 06-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Great!!!! I guess since yer kinda rich now with that $252.00 that yer buyin' drinks this Friday night for us hard workin' guys that helped ya thru this. Make mine a Dr Pepper! But since I can't be there, ya gotta drink it for me. Enjoy the ride!

Old 06-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
Glad everything worked out! Don't be a stranger......
Thanks you and I will be back here often to read and say hi. Not sure I can help others but, I find the posts and pics interesting. I learned alot from y'all.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Labnerd
Great!!!! I guess since yer kinda rich now with that $252.00 that yer buyin' drinks this Friday night for us hard workin' guys that helped ya thru this. Make mine a Dr Pepper! But since I can't be there, ya gotta drink it for me. Enjoy the ride!
Thanks Labnerd, One Route 44 DP coming right up. I really do appreciate all the help.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:42 PM
thanks you so much for this posting it saved me from having a stroke a couple of weeks ago when my valve cover broke and scared the life out of me what a poor design on fords part it is poorly glued in place....thanks again mike

Old 06-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Expedition10, Did you ever solve the issue?

Quick Reply: Knocking noise V8 5.4L Triton