getting cop installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
getting cop installed

Hey guys, well went to my mechanic today and one cop is bad so he is changing that and all the boots on the rest of the cop's and also changing all the spark plugs. Does $300.00 sound good on doing all this work? I thought it was a pretty good deal

Old 12-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Hey guys, well went to my mechanic today and one cop is bad so he is changing that and all the boots on the rest of the cop's and also changing all the spark plugs. Does $300.00 sound good on doing all this work? I thought it was a pretty good deal
Sounds like a fantastic deal if it includes the plugs.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:00 PM
yes thats for everything one cop, 7 boots and the plugs i asked him if he was going to put motorcraft plugs back in it and he said if i wanted him to but he has extremly good luck with autolites. he said if i didnt like the autolites he would put the MC plugs in at no charge. I just called the ford house here and they wanted 350.00 for just the plugs and nothing else so i think i am getting a good deal

Old 12-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
yes thats for everything one cop, 7 boots and the plugs i asked him if he was going to put motorcraft plugs back in it and he said if i wanted him to but he has extremly good luck with autolites. he said if i didnt like the autolites he would put the MC plugs in at no charge. I just called the ford house here and they wanted 350.00 for just the plugs and nothing else so i think i am getting a good deal
Stick with the MC.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does sound like a good deal. Most around here charge $250 just for a plug change. 7 new boots plus a new cop for $50 more isn't too bad. But save a bundle and change all 8 COP's and plugs yourself for $100. The other COP's will slowly go one by one with age. Have any questions just PM me. I taught myself how to do it all and I learned by reading all these posts. Not too bad after your first time.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by lzrj
Does sound like a good deal. Most around here charge $250 just for a plug change. 7 new boots plus a new cop for $50 more isn't too bad. But save a bundle and change all 8 COP's and plugs yourself for $100. The other COP's will slowly go one by one with age. Have any questions just PM me. I taught myself how to do it all and I learned by reading all these posts. Not too bad after your first time.
How about doing a write up on it and everyone can use it?

Old 12-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Before I knew better, I used autolites. 6500 miles later, a new set of Motor Crafts went in, along with new COP's.
Use the MC'S !!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 10:08 PM
well got the truck back and i am very impressed. The trucks runs like a brand new one. He did go with the autolites but we will see how they do. Sure cant complain about the motorcraft plugs that were in it they had 89,000 miles on them. He told me that changing the boots on the other 7 cops will eliminate any problems for years to come, we will see. He had a 06 supercrew in there with 42000 miles on it and the old man drove it with a miss for 12000 miles and finally the number 7 plug broke off at the tip and went threw the motor so they had the old motor out and was putting the new one in. Mechanic told me that was a $2800.00 repair plus labor.

Quick Reply: getting cop installed