hesitation and shifting issues '06 FX4

Old 12-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hesitation and shifting issues '06 FX4

I bought my '06 Screw FX4 5.4L automatic with 60,000 miles about a week and a half ago. Since then, I've noticed that when I have to keep a low speed, the truck malfunctions.

My first notice was upon take off in areas with a low speed limit (25 and under). When I get to around 10mph, I feel the trans shift from 1-2 and then 2-3 real quick. Then I'm in 3rd gear going 15mph and the truck is a REAL DOG! If you further press the gas pedal, it will not downshift...you are stuck going slow in 3rd.

My second notice was that, most often after #1 happened, the truck sounds like it's going to stall when you come to a stop. Once, after a fairly quick stop/start, the truck even died. After the truck died, it took 4 tries to restart it.

My third notice was that the idle seems very low. I'm talking <500 rpms (according to the factory tach) most of the time.

Any Ford techs out there familiar with TSB 08-18-2 from June of 2009? I found it online today and the symptoms sound similar. It says the MIL "may" be on and mine is not. I'm thinking of having this reflash done at Longmont Ford in the morning. Any thoughts?

Old 12-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PS-here is a link to the TSB that I am reading...
08-18-2

In addition, my check engine light came on today. However, it is throwing code P2004 for my IMRC and so far seems unrelated. Most of my searches on here have revealed that people with P2004 don't notice a change in the way their truck runs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hesitation and shifting issues '06 FX4