F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   V8 Engines (https://www.f150online.com/forums/v8-engines-24/)
-   -   what is a FULL tune up? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/v8-engines/344723-what-full-tune-up.html)

Fifty150 09-03-2008 08:50 PM

All kidding aside, refer to your maintenance schedule for work that is needed with your driving habits at your mileage interval.

Here is what mine looks like:
http://monkeyview.net/id/431/default/untitled.jpg

krazyballer 09-03-2008 09:05 PM

dude calm down on the sig jeez

rtodd 09-03-2008 09:21 PM

we just had that done to an 01, 4.6 cost 8 plugs changed $318. fuel filter $53.00 shop supplies $15. clean throttle body $110.
coil packs $800 additional if you want them changed.

4.6 Punisher 09-03-2008 09:47 PM

8 plugs changed for $318? Con artists. I seriously think that's more then it would cost at a dealership.

jethat 09-03-2008 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by rtodd (Post 3359610)
we just had that done to an 01, 4.6 cost 8 plugs changed $318. fuel filter $53.00 shop supplies $15. clean throttle body $110.
coil packs $800 additional if you want them changed.

That insane man. I paid the dealer $850 To change my plugs and coils in my 97 work van because I hate working on it. Changed them in my truck for about 300 but i bought the moto blues instead of the Global ones that could have saved me another $100. its really not that hard to change them either. I could just do my own plugs for less then $50 I probably will be doing that soon because I used autolites instead of motorcraft.. need to change those out.

mark razmandi 09-03-2008 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Fifty150 (Post 3359473)
Throw in a lift kit, wheels & tires, & custom tuning.

yea thats a great idea with my 22's and low pro tires

mark razmandi 09-03-2008 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by jethat (Post 3359713)
That insane man. I paid the dealer $850 To change my plugs and coils in my 97 work van because I hate working on it. Changed them in my truck for about 300 but i bought the moto blues instead of the Global ones that could have saved me another $100. its really not that hard to change them either. I could just do my own plugs for less then $50 I probably will be doing that soon because I used autolites instead of motorcraft.. need to change those out.

autolite is made by motorcraft

jethat 09-03-2008 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by mark razmandi (Post 3359861)
autolite is made by motorcraft

No there not. Both plugs are made by Honeywell Motorcraft are manufactured to ford specifications. Autolite's are not. When I bought my plugs I thought they were the same but I've seen many reported failures of Autolites on this board. My own truck has been running a little rough when its cold and I'm thinking the plugs maybe the reason.

adrianspeeder 09-04-2008 04:51 PM

I don't think there are wires on an '00 so I'd get all those COP's changed. Don't think anyone said O2 sensors yet.

Adrianspeeder

jbrew 09-04-2008 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by jethat (Post 3359906)
No there not. Both plugs are made by Honeywell Motorcraft are manufactured to ford specifications. Autolite's are not. When I bought my plugs I thought they were the same but I've seen many reported failures of Autolites on this board. My own truck has been running a little rough when its cold and I'm thinking the plugs maybe the reason.

FRICKEN A -I wanted to answer this one j. Your to kind, the poster (mark razmandi)stated bad info. That's a statement without question. The worst kind that can be misleading and cause others to go in the wrong direction (this is cause for banishment IMO). We here to help, not post false data.

tjk_in_cny 09-05-2008 01:52 PM

[QUOTE=jbrew;3360781]FRICKEN A -I wanted to answer this one j. Your to kind, the poster (mark razmandi)stated bad info. That's a statement without question. The worst kind that can be misleading and cause others to go in the wrong direction (this is cause for banishment IMO). We here to help, not post false data.[/QUOTE

lol lol lol, I wondered when you were going to read that post Jbrew.
I knew for a fact you were going to jump in on it.
I am surprised you let it go so easy, especially with the letter in hand story you tell on this site. :lol:
Your not getting soft now, are ya? :thumbsup:

:smoke:

Klitch 09-05-2008 01:55 PM

get a book for the truck, they generally have preventative maintenance schedules which would give you a better idea what to do if you havnt done it yet.

jbrew 09-05-2008 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=tjk_in_cny;3361835]

Originally Posted by jbrew (Post 3360781)
FRICKEN A -I wanted to answer this one j. Your to kind, the poster (mark razmandi)stated bad info. That's a statement without question. The worst kind that can be misleading and cause others to go in the wrong direction (this is cause for banishment IMO). We here to help, not post false data.

Originally Posted by tjk_in_cny (Post 3361835)
lol lol, I wondered when you were going to read that post Jbrew.
I knew for a fact you were going to jump in on it.
I am surprised you let it go so easy, especially with the letter in hand story you tell on this site. :lol:
Your not getting soft now, are ya? :thumbsup:

:smoke:

I'm back home for another 2 days here, so I'm looking for the letter - I think it's in the file cabinet out in the shop. So far I found the one were they finally reinbursed me $57 and some change after a year of b^tchen. Found some others too, I didn't realize I wrote them that many letters - Guess I was still pi$$ed that I had to do my plugs three times in two weeks hahaha. I was biatchen up a storm. When I find the one that has the data , I'll photo copy and ask that it be made a sticky :D