Any Ford Techs. No Injector pulse

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning !
I am a new member and think you may have the knowledge I am looking for.
I have a 2005 4.6 engine,trans, pcm, wiring harness. but no insturments. I want to intall in 1992 f150. Can the pats be bypassed? can it be removed with reflash? Do I need after market pcm? any help would be greatly appreciated THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
Steve

Old 03-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Look for a doner PCM from a truck that didn't have the PAT's system from the factory.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:52 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Your 05 has the CAN protocol and uses an electric throttle body. Unless you refit it to run like an 04 heritage or older you will need the body harness and instrument cluster for your engine to work. Find an older PCM like was suggested and run it that way. 1999 was the first year for PATS. Unfortunately your engine will have COP ignition and the 97-9 4.6 has coil pack ignition. So the options are:
Purchase the required components to make the 05 work with its PCM. Get out your cheque book....
Purchase a 00 to 04 heritage PCM and harnesses and have a tuner disable the PATS. Don't forget the throttle body needs to be replaced.
Purchase a 97-8 Coil pack set up including the wire harnesses. Don't forget the throttle body needs to be replaced.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

PS using your old instrument cluster will present some unique wiring challenges.

Quick Reply: Any Ford Techs. No Injector pulse