Old 04-13-2015, 12:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Interested in increasing the horsepower in your 5.4L? Forum members suggest various methods to increase horsepower. The methods include:

Read the full discussion below to find out the preferred methods.
          Print Wikipost

Increasing 5.4L Horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 10:17 AM
          glc
          Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
          Originally Posted by M Todd Dempsey
          What the rough cost of all this?
          That was posted 11 years ago, so things have changed. Most notably, Troyer is no longer in business.

Old 03-20-2022, 05:18 AM
          Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
          F150 supercharger

Originally Posted by kaptain
          All those things mentioned will help you. Headers wont really do much except make the truck louder. with this engine in NA format (not supercharged of turbocharged) backpressure in the exhaust is very necessary to make good power. Free it up too much and you will start to see a loss in power. IMO, save your money on the headers. not worth it.

As for other mods, a tuner does a lot, as well as an intake. On my truck before I went supercharged I did a superchips tuner, modified the intake and put in a K&N cone filter, and replaced the stock muffler. That was good for a noticeable difference. Ive actually still got all the stuff, so if you want it just PM me.

As they said before, if you want to go for more, then dont worry about any of that stuff, and just supercharge it. You can get a take-off supercharger from a Lighning of Harley edition truck that will bolt right on and give you a lot more bang for your buck. Building power out of an NA motor is expensive. Supercharged power is cheap (relatively).

If youre interested in this kind of thing, a lot of guys have done it. As for me, Im in the process of a full motor swap- puting in an L motor. More info on supercharging here:

http://madenterprise.com/F150.htm

Mike is a great guy to work with- super helpfull and very knowledgeable.

Hey there, where did you say I could get a bolt on supercharger ?!??!!?

Old 03-20-2022, 10:21 AM
          glc
          Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
          That post was made 15 years ago and that member hasn't logged in since 2010.

The following users liked this post:
          Old 03-20-2022, 02:37 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
          Originally Posted by Elijah03
          Hey there, where did you say I could get a bolt on supercharger ?!??!!?
          welcome to 2022, I’d start on the internet

Quick Reply: Increasing 5.4L Horsepower