Spoke to Scan Gauge today

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoke to Scan Gauge today

Well I called them to see if they were ever going to add a transmission temperature readout to their lineup of digital readouts and they said that are almost done getting a few kinks out of it and I should be ready by the end of the week. I hope its true.

Sorry if this has already been posted before but I thought some people would like to know.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bdenglund
Well I called them to see if they were ever going to add a transmission temperature readout to their lineup of digital readouts and they said that are almost done getting a few kinks out of it and I should be ready by the end of the week. I hope its true.

Sorry if this has already been posted before but I thought some people would like to know.
Thanks for checking!

I've been looking @ their site - no mention of it yet.

Bubba

Old 08-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Bump - still no updates ....

Old 08-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Spoke with them at the end of last week and they are still working out the kinks. Maybe sometime next week I hope.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:08 PM
For what years of trucks? With the EDGE Evolution, I think the units 04+ trucks have trans temp as one of the gauges. But the 97-03 version did not. I'm assuming that this a PCM issue and not something with the units.

I even emailed Scan gauge and Edge Performance and neither has responded to my inquiries.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:03 AM
I am running the scanguage II on my 03 and IIRC(at work for the moment) there was no Tranny temp option so either their guage didnt pick it up or such a sensor is not on my truck. There are other variables that my truck doesnt have but the scanguage at least monitors. Good little device. If data in your face helps ease off the throttle then this one is good. Just mount it where you can watch it.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:10 AM
Guys - this is about the extensible functionality built into the SGII - specifically, the 10 user-programmable codes one can input (see manual).

And yer right - the PCM has to have both an active PID for tranny temp, and the tranny has to have a sensor, with that sensor's output feeding the PCM (most auto trannies do, as there are temp-related shifting parameter changes for cold weather operations on first start).

Late 5.4 3V's with 4R75E's have these ducks lined up, I gather.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Guys - this is about the extensible functionality built into the SGII - specifically, the 10 user-programmable codes one can input (see manual).

And yer right - the PCM has to have both an active PID for tranny temp, and the tranny has to have a sensor, with that sensor's output feeding the PCM (most auto trannies do, as there are temp-related shifting parameter changes for cold weather operations on first start).

Late 5.4 3V's with 4R75E's have these ducks lined up, I gather.

Interesting, I will peruse thru my scanguage manual and read more about the programmable codes, maybe got something there I can monitor after all.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:12 PM
Just a Headsup;

Just talked with them again and I spoke with Ron. It sounded like he was one of the head guys at Scan Gauge and he said.....

"It should be done within 2 weeks and that there will be a few more features; including the trans Temp, relealsed with the newer version."

I told him I had a 2000 f150 and he said it would be compatible, and he has the Scan Gauge on his f150 now and it is working with the trans temp. I was stupid though and did not ask what the additional features were though. Sorry.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by bdenglund
Just a Headsup;

Just talked with them again and I spoke with Ron. It sounded like he was one of the head guys at Scan Gauge and he said.....

"It should be done within 2 weeks and that there will be a few more features; including the trans Temp, relealsed with the newer version."

I told him I had a 2000 f150 and he said it would be compatible, and he has the Scan Gauge on his f150 now and it is working with the trans temp. I was stupid though and did not ask what the additional features were though. Sorry.
Hi.

Well, call him back!

Thanks for keeping on top of this.

When Ron said 'newer version" what did he mean, precisely? This doesn't sound like something that the current device can do, if it requires a firmware update. I mean - how would you do that (no data port)?

You think he meant a newer device version? In that case current owners are SOL.

Or am I missing something?

Thanks again!

Old 08-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Hi.

Well, call him back!

Thanks for keeping on top of this.

When Ron said 'newer version" what did he mean, precisely? This doesn't sound like something that the current device can do, if it requires a firmware update. I mean - how would you do that (no data port)?

You think he meant a newer device version? In that case current owners are SOL.

Or am I missing something?

Thanks again!

The RJ-45 sockets can be ports, but the real question would be is the current SGII upgradeable by any means? If so, just might be a trick to hook it up with a LAN cable to your pc and flash it that way. LAN ports are how wireless routers, regular routers, and the like are flash upgradeable. Might be a possibility. If you can hook it up to your pc and it can be assigned an IP address, then you should be able to flash it. Just depends on how Linear Logic designed it.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Please keep us updated on this. I was going to add order gauges this week, but I think I may put it off now.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Ba Da Bump

Old 09-14-2007, 07:40 AM
Thumbs up UPDATE! It's Here !!!

Bu-bu-bu-bu-ump!

Well - lookie here - I think they did it!

14 Extra functions/gauges for Ford CAN & PWM vehicles !!!

--> http://www.scangauge.com/support/pdfs/XGAUGE.pdf

b-b-b-bubba

Last edited by MGDfan; 09-14-2007 at 09:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Spoke to Scan Gauge today