rough idle

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 02:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rough idle

I got a new 07 crew 4.6 in march. it has has a rough idle from the beginning. I was wondering if anyone knows if ford has acknowledged the problem yet. when I took it in they gave me the "aggressive cam" and "characteristic of the motor" . But this just does not feel right. I would think that a cam would at least be a continuous steady problem but this is just every few seconds. And sometimes "harder" than others.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:14 AM
My 07 5.4 does the same thing. I was told everything you were. It's hard to believe it's normal when it's not happening all the time; hard to get used to when it just pops up for a few seconds at a time. My dealer finally agreed to get the factory service rep in to look at it, but I have yet to hear from them.
I did find that once I quit thinking about it, I don't notice it nearly as much.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:21 PM
yeah every once in a while I try to tell myself it is going away then one of the harder "knock" hits and wakes me up to reality. I have driven other f150 same year, motor, style, everything. no rough idle. Toyota-no rough idle. Chevy-no rough idle. Dodge-no rough idle. I have tried different dealerships for regular service trying to decide which ford dealer will I buy from next but if ford won't even address this problem I may be looking for something else next time.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:53 PM
any clues? anyone?

Quick Reply: rough idle