03 Recall for Cruise Control, have a couple ?s

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Recall for Cruise Control, have a couple ?s

Just got the notice in the mail. I purchased the truck used in Feb from a dealer. Here's my questions:

Should I return my truck back to stock, I have the EDGE?

Can any authorized dealer do the repair or do I have to take it to the dealer I bought it from?

Any reason why I shouldn't do it (dumb question, but while I have your attention)...

It's recall #05S28. I did some research on it, seems like a simple fix and the the notice states there's no charge for it.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jk007
Just got the notice in the mail. I purchased the truck used in Feb from a dealer. Here's my questions:

Should I return my truck back to stock, I have the EDGE?
No, no reason to. All they do is install a fused jumper harness at the brake switch on the master cylinder. Literally takes like all of 30 seconds to do.

Can any authorized dealer do the repair or do I have to take it to the dealer I bought it from?
Any Ford or Lincoln-Mercury dealer in the country can do this recall for you.

Any reason why I shouldn't do it (dumb question, but while I have your attention)...
I guess if you really wanted your truck to catch fire...

Old 06-27-2007, 08:23 PM
You can either get the fused harness or the updated switch. My brother got the fused thing on his '97, I got the updated switch when I took my '02 in.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by 02XLT4X4
You can either get the fused harness or the updated switch. My brother got the fused thing on his '97, I got the updated switch when I took my '02 in.
So whether I get the switch or the fuse harness, I still don't have to mess with the EDGE?

Is the switch a quick fix also. I only ask because I am ready to head up north next weekend and I want to make sure I have cruise (pulling a PUP) and I don't want to be waiting on any parts.

Thanks a ton for the quick replies

Old 06-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any ford, lincoln dealer. i was in and out in 5 minutes with my 97. the paperwork took longer than the actual repair.

Quick Reply: 03 Recall for Cruise Control, have a couple ?s