lifted trucks oil changes

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lifted trucks oil changes

just a wierd question i been wondering... you guys with 6-8" lift with some people with body lifts added to those suspension lifts... do ya'll have to change the oil your self or will JB lube or who ever you use change the oil in a HUGE truck?!

Old 06-22-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm sure if the truck will fit in their garage they will change it for ya.

However, There is no way in hell I let anybody other than myself change the oil in my truck.

The only reason I would ever stop into a quick lube and pay 18 dollars or whatever is, is to see if they would let me use their hoist so I can change it myself. And we all know where that's gonna get me.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Don't use those quick-lube places. They're (in)famous for overfilling crankcases and only changing the filter if it's in a convenient location and not stuck. I think they automatically dump 5 quarts in for cars, and like 10 for trucks. I used one of those places once when I said I change the oil in my mother's Acura and really didn't have time. They overfilled the motor by at least a quart and did not change the filter, despite the "package" I paid $22 for clearly stating a filter change was included, as well as a fluid top-off.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rock Krusher
I'm sure if the truck will fit in their garage they will change it for ya.

However, There is no way in hell I let anybody other than myself change the oil in my truck.

The only reason I would ever stop into a quick lube and pay 18 dollars or whatever is, is to see if they would let me use their hoist so I can change it myself. And we all know where that's gonna get me.
right there with ha bro, no machanic will touch my truck but me, i have done evrything to my truck and it will stay that way till my hands dont work anymore

Old 06-23-2007, 05:03 PM
DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!

Old 06-24-2007, 01:06 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
I used to use the quick lube joints - they never screwed up my vehicle, but I watched them like a hawk.

Quick Reply: lifted trucks oil changes