Changing spark plugs on 2001 5.4

Old 06-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jfh72866
I changed my plugs last night and it wasn't as difficult as had been posted on other threads. 2 hours to change which includes my time to put away tools. I personally like to troque any critical part so I troqued as many plugs that I could to 13 ft lbs. I only had one plug (#3) that I had to use more than one extension and a swivel. I also did not need to remove any fuel lines. Replaced the plugs with OEM and I also changed my COP's with replacements from Global-Automotive. Engine runs a lot smoother now.....

Yeah, it's not that bad - most of the elec plugs are key notched specific , so its hard to mix them up. The hardest part is knowing a few things like not to overtighten the COPs on there bushings - there suppose to be loose. Plugging in your main vac feed in the TB in the right location.
Threading the plugs in with a 3/8 hose - stuff like that .

It's just freakin time consuming covering all the bases - dielectric grease is another one. This stuff doesn't last forever but it starts a new install off on the right foot. Sets a pesidence for spark pulses to follow. Am I wacked or what..???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Changing spark plugs on 2001 5.4