Advice On Modifacations To Gain Hp

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice On Modifacations To Gain Hp

WHat a great site this is, Just joined in this morning. I have an 06 fx4 with the 5.4 in it. I am looking to gain some HP with some add on modifications. I currently have thr Roush Dual exhaust sytem and the Edge Evo Programmer installed. All stock otherwise. I want to pick up the Air Intake system that is a ram air type so as I can replace the hood with some functional scoops, Front end Levelers, A Bull Bar or Brush Gaurd that I can mount a wench on. I know that most of these will not add HP, However what are the recomendations of what might get me faster. Can't afford the SuperCharger right now.
I really appreciate any help or advise that I recieve.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:42 PM
TNC
Originally Posted by SAL06FX4
WHat a great site this is, Just joined in this morning. I have an 06 fx4 with the 5.4 in it. I am looking to gain some HP with some add on modifications. I currently have thr Roush Dual exhaust sytem and the Edge Evo Programmer installed. All stock otherwise. I want to pick up the Air Intake system that is a ram air type so as I can replace the hood with some functional scoops, Front end Levelers, A Bull Bar or Brush Gaurd that I can mount a wench on. I know that most of these will not add HP, However what are the recomendations of what might get me faster. Can't afford the SuperCharger right now.
I really appreciate any help or advise that I recieve.
Hey man, I wouldn't mount a 'wench' on a brush guard. There's lots of better ways to mount a wench!!!
Look at Troyers site. You need to be careful with an intake to not get dangerously lean. He's got a lot of good info. You could look at e-fans, but it seems like there's a fair amount of problems with them (ie leaking and controller issues). I'd install one if a kit had it mounted with bolts to the radiator. Not hip on shoving brass or nylon through the radiator. Anyway, welcome and good luck.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:50 PM
BSL
Efans or an Intake are going to be your next best bet, possibly a set of long tube headers would be good eventually too

Old 04-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
your never really going to get a increase of power you can feel in the seat by doing little add on things. if you want real power gains. look into opening your airflow in your heads. i know its spendy, but its real power.

Quick Reply: Advice On Modifacations To Gain Hp