Performance '07 F150 5.4L FFV

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Performance '07 F150 5.4L FFV

My beloved billfold via Ford credit has resently given birth to a 2007 F150 SuperCrew 150"WB 4X4. I LIKE IT!! It's got 601 miles on it so far.
I'm wanting to improve some over mpg and performance. I'm looking at a Volant cold air intake box system, cat-back dual exhaust ( still not sure if I'm going to have my local Midas buddies do this or have the truck retailer shop install a Gibson system) and use a SuperChips to accomplish this. The retail sellers tell me that these modification DO NOT void the manufacturers warranty. Is this true? Also, has anyone else used the Volant and Superchips? What are your thoughts on these two products?

Old 04-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Dude, there's hundreds of threads on here for each of your mods, so it's easy to find out everything you ever need to know about them. Just do a few searches or just start scanning the forums. I've learned so much in a short while and there's things you want to steer clear of. For instance, I'm not sure but I think the Gibson exhausts aren't the best rated on here, the Volant is good but there's better intakes, and there's lots of info on the chips.

Also, technically, aftermarket mods won't violate your warranty but if the dealer wants to get sticky about them they can try to shaft you. Thing is that legally they have to prove that the mod caused the problem, or exacerbated it, so sometimes it's a grey area.

Anyway, good luck with your ride. Have fun.

Yeah, Ford Credit is my banker too.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:54 AM
The search engine on the forum will be your best friend.....

Quick Reply: Performance '07 F150 5.4L FFV