Is There A chip or tuner for 1994 Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 05:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is There A chip or tuner for 1994 Lightning

I am looking for a way to had a little hp to my Lightning untill i have enough to really go for it that will be about Fall it is stock I got it in Sept. It has been well maintained oil every 3000 and all. Got all paper and Receipt's he took it to Back to Ford for all.I got svt paper build # 601 of 4007 Black 94. I have put New Tires Kuhmo ecsta stx,KYB mono-max ,Autolite xp and wire set ,MSd cap,K&N drop in,Pennzoil high mil.The 1st time know,Now Pennzoil Platium Full syn. from now on. IF YOU GUY,s THink of any LET ME know.....Ricky Freeman e-mail. samuel667@bellsouth.net.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Not really, and it would be a waste of time & money anyway, if you're going to "do it right" later. The EEC-IV computer has a soldered-in ROM chip, so it can't be changed easily, and it can't be reprogrammed at all. As a result, there's not much aftermarket support for it. The only thing I know of that's available is a module that plugs in front of the EEC that "tricks it" into running the engine differently, but they're not very effective.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:20 PM
?

Originally Posted by Steve83
Not really, and it would be a waste of time & money anyway, if you're going to "do it right" later. The EEC-IV computer has a soldered-in ROM chip, so it can't be changed easily, and it can't be reprogrammed at all. As a result, there's not much aftermarket support for it. The only thing I know of that's available is a module that plugs in front of the EEC that "tricks it" into running the engine differently, but they're not very effective.
contact mike troyer
www.troyerperformance.com

Old 04-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=openclasspro#11]contact mike troyer
[url]www.troyerperformance.com Thanks I did not think there was so I will do it all this fall

Old 04-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Black is my favorite fer the Gen 1's. Any pictures?

Adrianspeeder

Quick Reply: Is There A chip or tuner for 1994 Lightning