F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   V8 Engines (https://www.f150online.com/forums/v8-engines-24/)
-   -   IAC bolt ?? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/v8-engines/272998-iac-bolt.html)

slowtan 02-12-2007 09:49 AM

IAC bolt ??

I was cleaning my IAC and dropped the bolt. The bolt dropped somewhere but not in the intake itslelf.

Does anyone know the size of the bolt so I can go buy one. Ford dealership near me doesn't have one but says they can get one .. $7 each .. I just need one but really don't want to drive around too much w/1 bolt holding my IAC ..

Cranked it up with one bolt and I have a nice whistling sound.

89Lariat 02-12-2007 10:06 AM

Junkyard? Otherwise just spend the $7. Right now your driving around with a vacuum leak.

jbrew 02-12-2007 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by slowtan
I was cleaning my IAC and dropped the bolt. The bolt dropped somewhere but not in the intake itslelf.

Does anyone know the size of the bolt so I can go buy one. Ford dealership near me doesn't have one but says they can get one .. $7 each .. I just need one but really don't want to drive around too much w/1 bolt holding my IAC ..

Cranked it up with one bolt and I have a nice whistling sound.

Your bolts under the plenum(that's where they all go) , just fish it out with an antenna/ telescopic magnet - I've done that atleast a hundred times lol..

Or get two makeshift smaller diameter bolts , long enough to get a nut on it, wrap a little piece of wrag around the smaller diameter bolt , so you don't F up the threads, Then pull the one you have left out and take it to the hardware - make sure you get hard enough or you'll break it off in there ..

Pull a bolt off a COP - it's not goin anywhere lol..

DPFE BRACKET - bolt

PS BRACKET - bolt

Vise Grips, Zip ties , Band aids , Duck tape or shoe laces...It's just temporary

Good luck..

Raoul 02-12-2007 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by slowtan
...Does anyone know the size of the bolt so I can go buy one.... I just need one but really don't want to drive around too much w/1 bolt holding my IAC ...

How about removing the one you have.
When I need a bolt of unknown dimensions it's nice to have 'one-in-hand' to determine proper length and you can slip a nut onto the 'one-in-hand'
and the plethora of candidate bolts to determine correct threading.

This would of course require alternative transportation while shopping.

keith97xlt 02-12-2007 10:45 AM

7$ for 1 bolt?? thats crazy. drive the truck to the hardware store. bring you ratchet. park it take the one bolt in with ya to compare.

89Lariat 02-12-2007 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by keith97xlt
7$ for 1 bolt?? thats crazy. drive the truck to the hardware store. bring you ratchet. park it take the one bolt in with ya to compare.

Thats the best idea yet. Man, I have got to stop staying up for the late movie :lol:

keith97xlt 02-12-2007 10:48 AM

7$ for 1 bolt?? thats crazy. drive the truck to the hardware store. bring you ratchet. park it take the one bolt in with ya to compare if you have the 4.6 its easy to get to.

89Lariat 02-12-2007 10:52 AM

Thats what I did when some of the bellhousing bolts on the Explorer went missing. Just took one with me and walked down to the hardware store.

Raoul 02-12-2007 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by 89Lariat
Thats the best idea yet....

Ok, his idea was better.
I was going to suggest bringing a rachet and driving halfway to the hardware store, removing the bolt and walking the rest of the way but his idea is better.

I just didn't think it through.

slowtan 02-12-2007 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by keith97xlt

That's exactly what I did .. cost me .99 and I got 3 of them

Raoul 02-12-2007 11:18 AM

I just got another idea. Drive over slowtan's house, he has two he doesn't need. :)

chester8420 02-12-2007 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Raoul
I just got another idea. Drive over slowtan's house, he has two he doesn't need. :)

:rocker: :lol: