Throttle Response / Acceleration Hesitation Delay = 2006 F-150 Lariat 5.4L 4x4

Old 02-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle Response / Acceleration Hesitation Delay = 2006 F-150 Lariat 5.4L 4x4

Could someone please let me know why I’m having an Acceleration Hesitation at 30 – 40 mph? It feels like the onboard computer has a built in 2-second delay in between the gears. I have 7K miles on my 06 F-150.

Last week I had Ford re-program my trucks computer to the most current revision (also called Flash update). They found 06-Sept Rev that they thought would fix my problem. Well, 200 miles later, no change and I still have this Acceleration Hesitation Delay.

Does anyone have a fix or solution for this problem?

I was thinking about installing these two items:
A.> JET Performance Chip Power Control Module http://www.autoanything.com/performa...0A2067797.aspx
B.> Airaid Cold Air Intake System

Does anyone have these installed?
Is JET Performance a good product?

Thanks for any help/Info!

Old 02-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Do ot get the JEt I repaet do not get the JEt there are no good. If you want a programmer get the Edge or the custom Xcal2. That should take care of you hesitation.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Do not get the Jet I repeat do not get the Jet there are no good. If you want a programmer get the Edge or the custom Xcal2. That should take care of you hesitation. Oops sorry for the double post.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:59 AM
I have the same problem with my 07. Same hesitation shifting and also when I turn a corner rolling at 10-20 mph and then accelerate I get the same studder or hesitation.

Almost like it's not getting enough fuel.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Gunny77
I have the same problem with my 07. Same hesitation shifting and also when I turn a corner rolling at 10-20 mph and then accelerate I get the same studder or hesitation.

Same here man, but mine's a '99.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You need to take it into the dealer and tell them you are going to get into an accident due to the delay you're talking about. They will reflash your pcm and you won't have the delay anymore.

Old 02-18-2007, 01:44 AM
Same here i have hesitation from a stand point and it just feels like the engine cant handle the size of the truck. I'm going to add a edge evo and a volant intake and that should take care of the problem if i'm wrong someone tell me but i think it will work

Last edited by sal150; 02-18-2007 at 01:50 AM.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Mine used to do the same thing, it's the electronic throttle response. Nothing was wrong with it, it's just that way I guess. Installed the CAI and still had the minor lag...Installed the EDGE Evo programmer and no more electronic throttle response what so ever. Get EDGEd and you will NOT regret it, it's like driving a new truck.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Edge Evolution

i WAS EXPERIENCING THE SAME HESITATION LAST NOVEMBER ON MY 06 FX4 WITH 5.4. AFTER INSTALLING A HYPERTECH PROGRAMMER NOTHING CHANGED. I RETURNED IT AND (AT THE RECOMENDATION OF COUNTLESS F150 ONLINE GURUS) PURCHASED THE EDGE EVOLUTION. I NOW PULL 9 SECOND 0-60 TIMES.
ONLY MODS I HAVE DONE ARE A ROUSH DUAL EXHAUST AND THE EVOLUTION EDGE PROGRAMMER. GO WITH THE EDGE-IT MADE A WORL OF DIFFERENCE FOR ME...

Old 04-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Gunny77

I have the same problem, especially around corners at the same speeds you mentioned, also under part throttle acceleration in straight line situations, such as accelerating after someone turns off in front of me. Mine only has 5700 miles and I thought it was fuel starvation also. I will update after the dealer has a chance to analyze the issue.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:15 PM
if ur comfortable modifiying the throttle body motor.. all u do it remove 4 turns on the motor inside and it will open quick.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:08 PM
bkshl and sal150:
Do some searching on this board; the chips/tuners, and intake forums in particular. There are a bunch of happy Edge customers, but even more jovial Troyer tuned X-Cal owners. If you are looking for a tuner and intake combo you need to call Troyer Performance for the X-Cal and Air Force One combo. Apparently the Edge has gone up to the point that you can get a Troyer custom tuned X-Cal cheaper and have a better product to boot. If you search enough you'll find some people have had both and were happy with the Edge, but now have the X-Cal. Some have also traded their intake for Air Force One. I have never heard of people going the other way.
I have the X-Cal and could not be happier. Be sure to tell them you are a member here for a discount.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:28 PM
yeah thanks i purchased the evo a while back now its a great product but its decreasing the engine life the belts wont be able to take for much longer and it could cause a couple of major problems. so im running it on stock for everday driving and one some one opens their mouth about the f150 being a dog i switch to hp and blow their doors off!!

Old 04-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Faster150
if ur comfortable modifiying the throttle body motor.. all u do it remove 4 turns on the motor inside and it will open quick.
Awesome. Ive hated the throttle response on my truck ever since i got it. Could you do a walk-through on how to do this pleasseee???

(05 f150 5.4L 3v)

...will this cause a lean condition in the truck? it isnt going to open up the throttle body more at idle, will it? just takes out the lagg??

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I am poting this, I figured Id ask a quick question regarding responsiveness...
When I get on the gas, The actuall engine has a slight delay, but it isnt bad at all. so.... The engine will Respond pretty quickly and will rev up, butttt..... It takes a while for it to actually kick in and get to the rear tires.... Like a transmition lagg.

Also... If i put it in 1st gear and try to "hop it" (I know this isnt good for my truck, just an example) Every other push into the pedal has a quick, powerfull response. But inbetween..... when I hit the pedal, I get a bogged-down response. WHY?

My friend has a 5.3L Chevy and the fricken thing runs like a 2-stroke. Has an insane power-band. It is EXTREMELY responsive and when he "hops it" its like riding a bull. No mods to his truck besides a k&N...

Old 04-17-2007, 10:44 PM
my truck did the same thing. what the edge evolution does is re program the computer of the engine and makes it work harder. yes it will get rid of your hesitation i like to say that the pedal is more stiff meaning it kinda forces your foot back which creates you to push harder and you get better throttle response this happens ever so often and when it does the truck is a monster. oh and in the high performance setting the truck jumps when you touch the throttle

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Throttle Response / Acceleration Hesitation Delay = 2006 F-150 Lariat 5.4L 4x4