Computer Problem??????

Old 01-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer Problem??????

Happy New Year to everybody:

I've been a member for a while and finnally got into some trouble that I could not find the info on the forum search, so I could ask you guys.

My truck was running and the engine shut off. I tried to start it up again with no result. Hooked up my scanner and got a "no link" response meanning that I am not getting comunication with the computer. Then I notice that the odometer reads ------- . My guess is that I'm having trouble with the computer or the Thef system. Right know I'm getting on the truck to verify for any blown fuses or loose connectors, but I ned some information for example where is my computer located at????? Any good way to troubleshoot the Theft system????

I already disconnect the batt for a few minutes just in case and reconnect it with no good result. I saw the gauges doing the full sweep when reconnect the battery. The engine crank, but won't start. The check engine light is off.

My truck is a 1999 F-150 5.4L engine with new COP and plugs replaced about six months ago.

Thank you in advance
Luis,

Old 01-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Yeah , I as thinking fuses until you mentioned your "odometer"

Post this question in electrical systems as well - There's some good troubleshooters that hang out there too..

Old 01-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Thank you Jbrew for your reply. Forgot to tell that the fuel pressure was already checked and it have 40 PSI at the fuel test valve. I don't notice the electrical problems category so I will post my question over there also.

Thank you.
Luis,

Old 01-08-2007, 06:44 PM

40's great! right in the middle of spec with vac hose attached..

Old 01-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Jbrew:

Thanks for the help. Problem solved. One fuse blown. The guys over the electrical forum give me a hand on the troubleshooting.

Again Thanks

Old 01-09-2007, 04:15 PM

No prob , glad it worked out

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Computer Problem??????