2007 5.4 Bog/Hesitation when depressing throttle in Park or Any Speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 05:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 5.4 Bog/Hesitation when depressing throttle in Park or Any Speed

To whom may be able to help:
I've seen several forum posts and videos on youtube discussing F150 5.4 bog/hesitation but have yet to come across one that addresses what I'm experiencing.
My pickup is a 2007 Crew Cap F150 equipped with the 5.4 liter. The engine has 115,000 miles on it.
Last Sunday, when I started driving my pickup, I noticed a bog or hesitation whenever I would depress the accelerator.
It only occurs when you first depress the accelerator.
It doesn't matter if the truck is in park and you rev the engine, if you're accelerating from a stop or cruising down the highway doing 70mph, its always present.
It doesn't matter if the engine is hot or cold, the bog is present.
The bog occurs when you first depress the accelerator and may bog one to three times (rapidly) before accelerating.
At highway speeds, it can be violent.
My Actron Pocketscan Tool is not picking up any codes.
Before I start throwing money at it, if anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them.
Thanks!
Ben

Old 01-13-2021, 06:24 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Start by replacing the fuel filter. Also check the FPDM for corrosion.

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-27-2021, 10:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sure enough, the issue ended up being the Fuel Pump Control Module! There was bad corrosion on one of the terminals where the harness connects and the backside of the unit was very corroded, exposing the circuit board. Picked up a replacement Dorman unit from Summit Racing; good as new! Thank you glc!!!

The following users liked this post:

Quick Reply: 2007 5.4 Bog/Hesitation when depressing throttle in Park or Any Speed