fuel filter

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuel filter

I recently tried to change the fuel filter on my 04 f150, but no luck can anyone tell me how to do it . Or do i need some kind of special tool

Old 07-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Search this forum for the answere. This topic has been covered many times...

Thanx and welcome ..

Old 07-04-2006, 01:30 PM
fuel filter

Go to your local NAPA and buy a fuel filter coupler release kit, these are a series of plastic collars that wrap around a specific diameter fuel line, you push the thin end into the coupler and it relieves a spring so you can pull the fitting apart, caution it can be very hard if its old or in a high humidity environment. Also BEFORE proceeding disconnect the battery and relieve all pressure from the fuel rail, you will find a "tire inflator"type connection on the rail, just take a rag and a screwdriver, make sure hte engine is cool,

Old 07-04-2006, 02:07 PM
fuel filter

Originally Posted by jbrew
Search this forum for the answere. This topic has been covered many times...

Thanx and welcome ..
I did look in the forum but no luck

Old 07-04-2006, 02:12 PM
fuel filter

Originally Posted by twobutte
Go to your local NAPA and buy a fuel filter coupler release kit, these are a series of plastic collars that wrap around a specific diameter fuel line, you push the thin end into the coupler and it relieves a spring so you can pull the fitting apart, caution it can be very hard if its old or in a high humidity environment. Also BEFORE proceeding disconnect the battery and relieve all pressure from the fuel rail, you will find a "tire inflator"type connection on the rail, just take a rag and a screwdriver, make sure hte engine is cool,
Thanks but i understand about the plastic clips .My problem is that i can,t get the filter off the the line that comes from the engine.

Old 07-04-2006, 02:32 PM

Really ? You can't find anything ?? Well here's the tool that finally worked for me when I had issues with this. The trick is , First release the spring with the tool - pull the line towards the filter then back from the filter. The first time you have to muscle it a bit , but it works ..

F150.net also may have articles on this, that may be were I seen them..

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...051&anum=10943

Last edited by jbrew; 07-04-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:19 PM
fuel filter

i had the same problem i coulndt get the line of so what i did i cut the fuel line off at the retainer put in a neopreme line in high pressure with speacial clamps now when i change the filter all i need to do is loosen the clamps no more special tools a 2ft piece of line with clamps is 16.00 bucks

Old 07-04-2006, 11:13 PM

LOL -Funny , I thought about doing something like that until I finally got the %$$@@#$^$^ thing apart... Once you get apart the first time it's easier the second. But , that idea sounds good too..

Quick Reply: fuel filter