F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   V8 Engines (https://www.f150online.com/forums/v8-engines-24/)
-   -   !Makeing my new truck better! (https://www.f150online.com/forums/v8-engines/237507-makeing-my-new-truck-better.html)

03silverford 04-20-2006 03:18 PM

!Makeing my new truck better!

I just bought my first new truck. It is an 03 silver flareside. I really like it, but it is just a little to plain. I am just wondering if anybody knows of any safe upgrades.

chester8420 04-20-2006 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by 03silverford
I just bought my first new truck. It is an 03 silver flareside. I really like it, but it is just a little to plain. I am just wondering if anybody knows of any safe upgrades.

If it's 4wd, brush guards look kinda cool. So do larger tires. You can put some fairly large tires on an f-150 with stock suspension and rims. If it's 2wd then you can you can get some fancy rims. You might want to dress up the body with some cool headlights or some tinted windows, or toolboxes or something.

03silverford 04-20-2006 10:53 PM

Yeah I just got keyless entry and remote start and alarm system, but I still need to put it in. I am realy just looking for some performance upgrades right now.

chester8420 04-23-2006 12:54 PM

Yeah I just got keyless entry and remote start and alarm system, but I still need to put it in. I am realy just looking for some performance upgrades right now.

My dad put a superchip in his V10 and it helped it out a lot. It hasn't broken anything yet. 120,000+

03silverford 04-24-2006 12:37 PM

I was thinking about getting one of those, but I had heard you have to run special gas, and it might fry your computer. I was thinking about a throttle body spacer.

chester8420 04-24-2006 01:44 PM

I was thinking about getting one of those, but I had heard you have to run special gas, and it might fry your computer. I was thinking about a throttle body spacer.

I'm not gonna make fun of you for wanting a tb spacer, but think about what it does. It adds about an inch worth of space between your throttle body and the intake manifold. What could that possibly do to increase hp? And if it did anything, why wouldn't ford just make the intake manifold 1 inch longer?

Zaairman 04-25-2006 10:44 PM

A tb spacer will do nothing but make your wallet lighter :thumbsup: A good computer chip won't fry your computer. Don't get ANYTHING cheap (not name brand) off eBay. Check out Troyer Performance. Mike does great work and should be a good start for you.

SlammaJamma 04-25-2006 11:04 PM

You could never go wrong with a nice cold air intake. Helps your truck breathe better thus producing more power=happy you and happy truck. Also exhaust is always fun:thumbsup:

adrianspeeder 04-26-2006 05:00 PM

4x4 or not?

defective 04-26-2006 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by SlammaJamma
You could never go wrong with a nice cold air intake. Helps your truck breathe better thus producing more power=happy you and happy truck. Also exhaust is always fun:thumbsup:

Actually, you can go really wrong with an aftermarket, non-engineered, CAI. I wouldn't recommed these for anything other than looks or if you have a heavily modded engine (hardly even then). Besides, the stock intake is already a better true CAI than something puts an open filter element under the hood where it's warm.

chester8420 04-27-2006 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by defective
Actually, you can go really wrong with an aftermarket, non-engineered, CAI. I wouldn't recommed these for anything other than looks or if you have a heavily modded engine (hardly even then). Besides, the stock intake is already a better true CAI than something puts an open filter element under the hood where it's warm.

I never have understood the logic of bringing in air from behind the radiator! :rolleyes: