Anyone know what this hose is called?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2021, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know what this hose is called?

This is a short hose that exits the passenger side of the throttle body/intake manifold. it looks like it attaches to a plastic piece that splits in to three. It seems to be some sort of vacuum hose but it's pretty thick. The hose in question exits the middle of the three exits from the plastic piece. It broke in half and I had to do a field repair. It seemed to cause my 2003 5.4L expedition to stumble at idle. once I wrapped it in electrical tape, the stumble disappeared.

I'd like to order a replacement. Any tips on how to do that replacement would be appreciated also. I tried to move that hose in front of it so I could get better access by moving the clamp but that hose seems to be stuck on there pretty well, even without the clamp. there's a plastic elbow under there that I'd like to try not to break. thanks

Old 04-04-2021, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bliq00
This is a short hose that exits the passenger side of the throttle body/intake manifold. it looks like it attaches to a plastic piece that splits in to three. It seems to be some sort of vacuum hose but it's pretty thick. The hose in question exits the middle of the three exits from the plastic piece. It broke in half and I had to do a field repair. It seemed to cause my 2003 5.4L expedition to stumble at idle. once I wrapped it in electrical tape, the stumble disappeared.

I'd like to order a replacement. Any tips on how to do that replacement would be appreciated also. I tried to move that hose in front of it so I could get better access by moving the clamp but that hose seems to be stuck on there pretty well, even without the clamp. there's a plastic elbow under there that I'd like to try not to break. thanks

have you looked at any throttle body diagrams? If worst comes to worst and you can't find it, use a razor to cut it off that side its stuck on and just running some new vacuum line.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:23 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
PCV hose, with heater connections. The big center hose is PCV going into throttle vacuum. and the two smaller side hoses are coolant lines

Quick Reply: Anyone know what this hose is called?