Oil filter relocation

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 03:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil filter relocation

I would like to relocate the oil filter on Da Ghost. Where can I find this kit/part? Is it part of a dry sump system? how difficult is it to install?

Old 02-11-2005, 04:09 AM
Oil Filter Relocation

Dear perceysledge Go to "Amsoil.com" they have kits for oil filter relocations.

Old 02-11-2005, 04:23 AM
oil filter relocation

i forgot ur second question, yes its very easy to do, you get an adaptor plate that fits on ur engine where ur reg oil filter mounts, it screws on just like an oil filter, it has 2 hoses that lead outta it that go to another oil filter base, with mounting brackets, most use a bigger, higher capasity oil filter, most use the old style Ford filter like the Fram PH8A, NAPA 1515, they also make dual filters one being a bypass, when you route the hoses just keep them away from the fan blade, and the exhaust manifold, use plenty of tie raps to hold the hoses and they will last forever.

Old 02-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Re: Oil filter relocation

Originally posted by percysledge
I would like to relocate the oil filter on Da Ghost. Where can I find this kit/part? Is it part of a dry sump system? how difficult is it to install?
If you just want to relocate your oil filter with standard Full Flow filtration, go to permacool and buy one of their relocation kits.

http://www.perma-cool.com/Catalog/Ca...tml#supermount

The permacool system will require you to use a FL-1 sized filter(or fram PH8A) This is the old Ford truck filter that is about 1 quart in capacity!!

The system that moto is describing above includes a by-pass filter as part of the relocation.

Old 02-12-2005, 07:31 AM
You can also go to a junkyard and take the factory remote system from an earlier F-150 or Expy. The lines leaked on my '97 5.4 so I took one off a truck at the junkyard for $15.00. No leaks.

Old 02-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Re: Re: Oil filter relocation

Originally posted by msparks
The system that moto is describing above includes a by-pass filter as part of the relocation.
They have a system that is just a relocation kit...the BMK14
https://www.amsoil.com/bypassfilters...tionguide.aspx

Old 11-22-2005, 11:29 AM
I just looked under my truck for a suitable location for the new filter, but I don't see a really good place. Any suggestions on locations? With that large a filter I don't want it hanging down too far. Any pics of installations on a heritage F150?

Old 11-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Location: INDIANA,.....USA " Where more than Corn grows in Indiana"!!!
Exclamation

I had a perma cool relocation kit on my truck first from Jegg`s, it leaked real bad the hoses just would not tighten enough ,bad hose clamps. So I bought a TD relocation kit from Sumitt Racing ,the hoses were threaded with brass ends, sealed up like it should have on the permacool kit. Alot nicer kit for around $50.00.
The perma cool kit you had to cut the hoses to fit where you wanted plus use hose clamps too. Not on the TD`s kit.
Lariat#1

Old 11-23-2005, 11:13 PM
This may be a stupid question, but maybe I'm missing something?

I've never heard of re-locating an oil filter. The only plausible reason I could think to do so on these trucks is maybe to place the filter vertically so one could fill it with oil before installing? Is this what you guys are talking about?

Old 11-23-2005, 11:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It also allows easier access to the filter itself, that is, if you mount it somewhere where it will be easily accessed.

Old 11-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by dufunnel
I just looked under my truck for a suitable location for the new filter, but I don't see a really good place. Any suggestions on locations? With that large a filter I don't want it hanging down too far. Any pics of installations on a heritage F150?

My 98 has the factory relocation kit and the filter is in front of the left front tire behind the bumper. Very easy to get to but also protected. My brother in law has the filter direct on the block and it is a PITA to get to.

Old 11-24-2005, 11:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can relocate a oil filter on anything
most race cars and dragsters have them mounted somewhere on the frame for e-z access
remember to add x-tra oil for the lines and if the new filter is bigger than the replacement

i wish i could move the one on my diesel

...zap!

Quick Reply: Oil filter relocation