spark plug porcelin shattering off

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spark plug porcelin shattering off

Anyone ever heard of a spark plug porcelin breaking off? I have now. Unfortunately, the shards may be stuck in the valves, causing no compression in the cylinder. Guess the heads have to come off...bummer.
It's a Bosch platinum plug, now missing the entire conical section of the porcelin. Any advice on dealing with the Bosch warranty deptartment?

Old 03-03-2005, 03:47 AM
Re: spark plug porcelin shattering off

Originally posted by banjoian
Anyone ever heard of a spark plug porcelain breaking off? I have now. Unfortunately, the sharde may be stuck in the valves, causing no compression in the cylinder. Guess the heads have to come off...bummer.
It's a Bosch platinum plug, now missing the entire conical section of the porcelain. Any advice on dealing with the Bosch warranty department?
First off, confirm that the plugs are listed for your truck. If they aren't, your done for.
Second, have the shop-or you-take pictures of the head when it comes off. I doubt that there are broken plugs floating around.

SL

Old 03-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
If Bosch admits that their plug failed, they will likely replace it.

So much for the warranty.

Steve

Old 03-04-2005, 03:18 AM
I too have had the porcelain break off of a bosch platinum plug. In my case the broken piece never fell from the plug. Caused one nasty miss. installed new plug and took care of problem

Quick Reply: spark plug porcelin shattering off