Fan clutch

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fan clutch

I have a 97 4.6 just had the fan clutch replaced my ac guy said it wasn't pushing enough air when the engine was hot and condensor prssure was excessive. The prob is I think the fan clutch he put on is defective. It seems to be on all the time and its especially noisy when the engine is cold which to me dosen't make sense. If possilbe could some on check their truck for me and let me know if the fan spins free when its cold. It's Canada Day up here so I can't get it checked again till next week but I'm moving to BC in 7 days and I need it fixed before I take off. I'll do it myself if I'm right. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Still built Ford Tough.

Chevyssuck

Old 07-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your fan clutch doesn't turn off,it runs all the time.it just isnt rigidly mounted to the pully,the clutch slows it down a little by letting it slip and not turns as fast as the engine.and its a new one so it'll be a little noisy,you shouldn't hear goin down the road or anything but you should definitely hear it very good when the hood is up.you should only hear the air though it shouldn't be whining or anything like that

Quick Reply: Fan clutch